They’ve burned for each other for two years, the forbidden attraction between them growing each night. Now resisting the sinful desires of their hearts is becoming impossible.
Javier knows better than to succumb to his hunger for Lilah. The mortal female belongs to a powerful aristocrat patron of Vampirerotique, the theatre he runs with three other vampires. A single touch is all it would take to break the sacred law of his kind, sentencing himself to death, but his passion for her has become too fierce to ignore and he will risk everything to make Lilah his.
Lilah has fought her desire for Javier since arriving at his theatre as a servant but each glance he has stolen, his eyes promising pleasure that will satisfy her longing for him, has chipped away at her defences and she can no longer deny her need and her forbidden feelings for the powerful vampire male.
When they find themselves alone in a private box during one of the erotic performances, will they surrender to their passion and live out their wildest fantasies in a night of wicked pleasure or will the threat of Lilah’s master keep them apart forever?
Javier knows better than to succumb to his hunger for Lilah. The mortal female belongs to a powerful aristocrat patron of Vampirerotique, the theatre he runs with three other vampires. A single touch is all it would take to break the sacred law of his kind, sentencing himself to death, but his passion for her has become too fierce to ignore and he will risk everything to make Lilah his.
Lilah has fought her desire for Javier since arriving at his theatre as a servant but each glance he has stolen, his eyes promising pleasure that will satisfy her longing for him, has chipped away at her defences and she can no longer deny her need and her forbidden feelings for the powerful vampire male.
When they find themselves alone in a private box during one of the erotic performances, will they surrender to their passion and live out their wildest fantasies in a night of wicked pleasure or will the threat of Lilah’s master keep them apart forever?
Interview
Kayla: Hey Felicity! Thank you for joining me to talk about Covet, your new hot romance book. (I really enjoyed reading by the way) I can’t wait to get my hands on Crave. Could you tell us a bit about Covet and how you got your ideas?
Felicity: Covet is the story of Javier, an elite Spanish vampire and one of the men responsible for coming up with the idea of Vampirerotique. He’s been secretly longing for an owned human female, Lilah, since she arrived at the theatre two years ago and he’s finding it increasingly difficult to resist her, even when the penalty for touching her is death. Lilah hates her master and never consented to become his. When she was shipped off to work at Vampirerotique and set eyes on Javier, she found herself falling for his exotic looks and caring nature. At the start of the book, Javier has been away with his family for a month to celebrate a wedding and Lilah has just broken the nose of the best performer at the theatre just a few hours before the show. It’s down to Javier to reprimand her, but when he finds her alone in a private box during the performance, he has other ideas.
The idea for the series was from a novel idea I had stashed away in one of my notes folders on my computer. There was a scene in the idea where the vampire hero takes the human heroine into hiding in a vampire erotic theatre, and it’s there, surrounded by all that wickedness and debauchery, that their romance blossoms. I took that idea and spun it into a series instead, following the sexy bachelor vampires who own Vampirerotique, England’s premier erotic theatre solely for vampires. It’s been amazing fun to venture into such a seductive and dark world of vampires, I have to say.
Kayla: It seems to me like you are the Queen of self publishing, what advice would you give to writers who are thinking about self publishing?
Felicity: It’s hard work. I think that just like traditional publishing, you have to make sure that what you’re putting out is the best it can be, and that it’s edited professionally, and presented professionally too. I see far too many authors rushing to put books out with poor covers and even poorer editing. They’re only hurting themselves by doing such a thing. Readers will then associate their name with bad writing and won’t buy from them again, and may even warn their friends away from them too. I think you have to do your research when it comes to self-publishing and you have to be prepared for the amount of work that goes into it. There’s all the formatting for different ebook types, covers, editing, promotion, advertising. It all adds up. I spend around 40+ hours a week working on my books and career.
Kayla: How did you come up with the title Covet?
Felicity: All of the stories in the Vampire Erotic Theatre series are named for the sort of thing that is happening in the relationship between the covers and the story itself.
Kayla: I just have to know this; what was your favorite part or chapter to write and why?
Felicity: I love the box scene, but I can’t imagine there will be many people who don’t love that scene when they read it. What I liked writing the most was the connection between Javier and Lilah, and the way that unfolds as they put their feelings out there.
Kayla: In Covet we get to see a little of Snow (the sexy out of control Vampire), can we expect to see more of him?? (-crossing fingers** I hope so)
Felicity: Yes, he’s been in every book so far. There’s another moment with him in Crave, which is out on March 10, and then there’s a lot more of him in Seduce as that’s Antoine, his brother’s, story. You get to learn a lot more about Snow and Antoine in that book, and I think it’s going to really deepen readers’ love for Snow, and maybe make Antoine seem like less of a heartless bastard too.
Kayla: What do you do when you aren’t writing?
Felicity: Um, think about writing. My mind is constantly on my work but in the times I manage to switch off, I tend to play PlayStation or I’m off travelling. Even when I’m travelling, I’m getting inspiration for books, or talking about stories with my husband. He’s my author psychiatrist. He keeps me grounded and listens to all my writing woes, and then fixes them all for me.
Kayla: I see that a lot of the time you say you are in “The Café” getting your coffee fix and writing, on average how much do you write a day? How do you stay so disciplined and focused?
Felicity: When I’m writing, I tend to do around 5 hours a day, and the rest I work on admin stuff. In that time, I can usually get between 8000 and 10000 words written. I can’t always write though. Sometimes I have to edit. I don’t mind editing as it’s a different gear for my brain and gives the writing side of it a break so it can refuel for the next round. Being in the café helps me stay focused. If I’m at home then I don’t get as much done because the internet is here and the cat and everything else that distracts me. I think I know the difference in my head and heart between the two computers I use. The PC at home screams internet to me. My netbook, which I write on at the café, says writing.
Kayla: When did you start writing?
Felicity: Back in 2003, but I didn’t write anything original until 2005. I was writing fanfiction at first. In 2005, I started writing original fiction and I haven’t looked back.
Kayla: Have you always been drawn to writing stories with paranormal aspects?
Felicity: Yes. Paranormal is my first love and it’s something that has always fascinated me since I was very little.
Kayla: For you, what is the hardest part of writing?
Felicity: Sometimes it’s knowing when to let go and end it. Sometimes I just don’t want to end the story and say goodbye to the characters. I think that’s why I’m leaning more and more towards series. With series, I know I can still write these characters and maybe see what’s happening in their lives.
Kayla: Could you tell us about your upcoming projects?
Felicity: I’m currently editing Seduce in the Vampire Erotic Theatre series, and proofing Crave, and I’m also writing Her Demonic Angel which is the next novel in the Her Angel series. I’m also due to proof Masquerade, the tenth book in the Vampires Realm series too.
Kayla: Thank you for taking the time for this Interview. I can’t wait to see what you have coming out next. Good luck! I will be looking out for your upcoming books :D
Biography
Felicity Heaton writes passionate paranormal romance books as Felicity Heaton and F E Heaton. In her books she creates detailed worlds, twisting plots, mind-blowing action, intense emotion and heart-stopping romances with leading men that vary from dark deadly vampires to sexy shape-shifters and wicked werewolves, to sinful angels and hot demons!
If you're a fan of paranormal romance authors Lara Adrian, J R Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Gena Showalter and Christine Feehan then you will enjoy her books too.
If you love your angels a little dark and wicked, Felicity Heaton’s best selling Her Angel series is for you. If you like strong, powerful, and dark vampires then try the Vampires Realm series she writes as F E Heaton or any of her stand alone vampire romance books she writes as Felicity Heaton. Or if you’re looking for vampire romances that are sinful, passionate and erotic then try Felicity Heaton’s new Vampire Erotic Theatre series.
In 2011, four of her six paranormal romance books received Top Pick awards from Night Owl Reviews, Forbidden Blood was nominated as Best PNR Vampire Romance 2011 at The Romance Reviews, and many of her releases received five star reviews from numerous websites.
If you want to know more about me, or want to get in touch, you can find me at the following places:
My website: http://www.felicityheaton.co.uk
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/felicityheaton
Twitter: http://twitter.com/felicityheaton
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/felicityheaton


Post a Comment