One of My Favorite Books as a Kid...


Okay... so today while going to my Internship I decided to stop by my 8th grade Science teacher's room. When I was in 8th grade she had a classroom pet and his name was Captain Hook, he is a baby ball python. I saw him and I couldn't believe how big he had gotten, WOW! I was scared to hold him because now instead of being the size of my hand, he is now the size of my whole arm. (Back on track) When I saw Captain Hook it reminded me of one of my favorite books when I was a little girl called "Verdi".

Verdi is about a young snake who is very michevious and wants to have fun. He never wants to grow old and turn green, because he doesn't want to become boring and "stuck-up" like all of the other snakes. Inevitably he does grow older, and green but not boring. Verdi still made it a point to play with the younger snakes, and not be mean or stuck-up like the older snakes were to him when he was younger.

I really loved this book, and I read it to my little sister a lot. Just thought I'd share a little piece of my reading journey with you guys :) What was your favorite book as a child?

Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.