In the Forests of the Night
Den of Shadows #1
Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Publisher: Laurel Leaf
Release Date: 1999
Pages: 147
By day, Risika sleeps in shaded room in Concord, Massachusetts. By night, she hunts the streets of New York City. She is used to being alone.
But someone is following Risika. He has left her a black rose, the same sort of rose that sealed her fate three hundred years ago. Three hundred years ago Risika had a family- a brother and a father who loved her. Three hundred years ago she was human.
Now she was a vampire, a powerful one. And her past has come back to torment her.
My Review:
I read this a while ago so I'm a little rusty on the details, but I will tell you the main reasons I really loved this book. This book is about a 300 year old vampire named Risika, during the book you get to flashback and see what happened to Risika that led her to the events that turned her into a vampire. I was amazed when I found out that the Author wrote this book when she was 13 because at the time I was 13 and I didn't like reading AT ALL, PERIOD. My Librarian recommended it to me so I gave it a try and while I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, I now feel a little different now that I'm older. I still think that this was a great book and one of the books that got me into reading, but Amelia's writing got so much better throughout this series. My dream is to one day Interview Amelia, and ask her some of the questions I have been dying to know!
Anyways, the ending was so shocking... I really liked the character of Risika, she was hell bent on getting revenge on Aubrey. You just have to read it to find out more. This was a really short and enjoyable read. I would recommend this to teenagers definitely!

Post a Comment