Thirst No.1 by Christopher Pike (Review) (A Week Of Thirst)

I loved the Thirst Series, it is one of my favorite series EVER, this week I am going to be doing a review on each book in this series, and I'm going to call it "A Week Of Thirst". I know these books are a little "older" but they are oh so awesome. If you have not read this series you really need to pick it up! While the books are lengthy I each book in 1-2 days, individually LOL not all together. If you have read this series, or book 1 only tell me if you did or didn't like it and why? I love discussions. Feel free to leave comments, I will respond!


Title: Thirst No.1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood and Red Dice
Author: Christopher Pike
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: August 4, 2009
Goodreads
Pages: 594
Buy Here: Amazon|Barnes & Noble|Book Despository


As to blood -- ah, blood, the whole subject fascinates me. I do like that as well, warm and dripping, when I am thirsty...


And I am often thirsty.... Alisa has been in control of her urges for the five thousand years she has been a vampire. She feeds but does not kill, and she lives her life on the fringe to maintain her secret. But when her creator returns to hunt her, she must break her own rules in order to survive.

Her quest leads her to Ray. He is the only person who can help her; he also has every reason to fear her. Alisa must get closer to him to ensure her immortality. But as she begins to fall in love with Ray, suddenly there is more at stake than her own life....

My Review:
In book 1 you are introduced to Sita, who is a 5,000 year old vampire. Sita is very ruthless, she kills when she has to... to survive. In this book you are shown her history through flashbacks, you get to see how she was turned into a Vampire and what her life was like before she was turned. While I am not the type of reader who likes gruesome scenes told is extensive details, I grew to like it. I wouldn't recommend this book to someone who doesn't like gorry scenes. With that being said, I loved Sita's character... even though she comes off as a blood-thirsty, insensitive, evil Vampire.. by the end of the book you start to see that she really isn't that kind of Vampire. Her relationship with Ray was a little uhhh for me because of something Sita did in the beginning of this book, you will just have to read to find out.

Yaksha is the one who turned Sita into a vampire, and even though Yaksha was creepy to me... I was so intruiged with his character and I wanted to know more about him. You find out why he is trying to kill every vampire he has ever created and about his past.  I will just tell you this... the reason he is killing all Vampires has something to do with Krishna. Krishna is so lovely, I absolutely loved his character, he is loving to everyone and always speaks in riddles that are amazing and confusing all at the same time. I really like that Sita was a strong, beautiful, and bold lead character. She was so amazing! A lot of people didn't like how she lets you know she is all of those things, but I loved it because it was apart of her character. Yaksha is hunting down Sita/Alisa in this book to kill her for reasons you will have to read to find out. I don't want to ruin it for you, just know that this is not some ordinary Vampire book.. Christopher Pike is pure genius and his world is so entrancing... There are 4 books in this series, and let me tell you I don't think four is enough! This is the kind of book you either LOVE or HATE.

IT IS FUR-EAKING-FANTASTIC!!

Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.