Interview with Tiffany Reisz

Kayla: Where in the world did this awesome idea of The Siren come from?

Tiffany: The Siren was originally inspired by a desire to tie up sexy actor Jason Isaacs and blindfold him. I came up with his character (Zach Easton – stuffy sexy Brit) and his foil, the saucy, sexy, uninhibited Nora Sutherlin and I found a reason to force them into the same room. Mistress Nora took over my world. Once THE SIREN was over, I couldn’t get her and her men out of my head and my heart. I didn’t want to start over on a second book with an all new cast of characters who would simply be variations on the cast of THE SIREN. And I felt there was so much many loose-ends, so much more to explore in this world. So I wrote THE ANGEL and brought some of the minor characters to the forefront and keep digging deep into the heart of Mistress Nora. She’s got a big heart and it’s going to take more than one book for that heart of hers to realize who it truly belongs to.

Kayla: Have you always liked writing Erotic Romance?

Tiffany: I don’t think I actually do write erotic romance. I’d say I wrote Gothic books—a mix or horror and romance (and BDSM which some people find romantic and some people find horrific so it works on both levels). And yes, I’ve always had a Gothic streak. I couldn’t write about a sweet smalltown B&B at the edge of the ocean…unless it was a front for a dungeon, of course.

Kayla: When did you first start writing?

Tiffany: In high school I started writing violent, graphic, super dirty erotic Forever Knight fan fiction. That was probably a sigh of things to come…

Kayla: What is your favorite sentence or scene from The Siren?

Tiffany: My favorite scene in The Siren is Nora’s flashback scene to her anniversary with Søren. I’ve had a few readers tell me they want to get Nora’s “I’ll fly” line tattooed on them.

My personal favorite line is one of Nora’s quips. “I’ve had pap smears more fun than this.” Only Nora…

Kayla: For all who have read The Siren and look forward to reading The Angel what kind of differences can we expect?

Tiffany: The Angel is more optimistic than The Siren. It’s sillier and more romantic. It also has much darker content. So it’s lighter and darker. Oh, and they’re guy on guy action too. So…that’ s fun.

Kayla: What project are you currently working on?

Tiffany: Book four in The Original Sinners series is my current occupation. It’s called THE MISTRESS and it’s the last in this plot arc. Books five through eight will be prequels.

Kayla: What is your favorite erotic romance book?

Tiffany: If we’re going with a very BROAD definition of erotic romance, then I’ll say Cry to Heaven by Anne Rice. It’s erotic AND romantic so that’s my answer.

Kayla: Is there a certain author that has inspired you?

Tiffany: I told my agent on day one of our partnership that I wanted to be the next Anne Rice. Now bloggers and reviewers are comparing us. One blogger said that my Sinners consumed her in a way not cast of characters since Lestat and Company had. That…that was awesome.

Kayla: Where did you draw inspiration from while writing The Siren?

Tiffany: The Bible, Anne Rice, and the people in my life. As you can tell from reading The Siren, I know a lot of very interesting people..

Buy The Siren: Amazon|Barnes & Noble|Book Depository
Buy The
Angel:
Amazon|Barnes & Noble|Book Depository

Tiffany has also been so kind, and has offered to giveaway one copy of The Siren to one lucky winner in the US. All you have to do is fill out the Rafflecopter form below. NOTE: This giveaway is for ages 18+ only.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Tiff

Tiffany Reisz lives in Lexington, Kentucky with her boyfriend (a reformed book reviewer) and two cats (one good, one evil). She graduated with a B.A. in English from Centre College in Danville, Kentucky and is making both her parents and her professors proud by writing BDSM erotica under her real name. She has five piercings, one tattoo, and has been arrested twice.
When not under arrest, Tiffany enjoys Latin Dance, Latin Men, and Latin Verbs. She dropped out of a conservative southern seminary in order to pursue her dream of becoming a smut peddler. Johnny Depp’s aunt was her fourth grade teacher. Her first full-length novel THE SIREN was inspired by a desire to tie up actor Jason Isaacs (on paper). She hopes someday life will imitate art (in bed).

If she couldn’t write, she would die.

Find Tiffany Here: Goodreads|Facebook|Twitter|Website

If you would like to read my review of The Siren by Tiffany Reisz “Click Here”. I absolutely loved The Siren and can’t wait to get my hands on The Angel (Book #2) (NOTE: Intended for Audiences 18+ Only)

1 comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.