I have come to admit that I have been a slacking blogger lately. When I say lately I mean I have been slacking for a while now. You guys have probably noticed this. While some of this may be due to work and school, most of it is due to the fact that lately I haven’t felt like blogging. Although I haven’t felt like it, there are reasons as to why I haven’t felt like it.
Let me start off by saying that I love blogging and I love reading. When I stumbled upon book blogs in November of 2011 my life changed forever. I knew I had come across something special… something that I wanted to become apart of. When I joined the book blogging community I realized that everyone was friendly and their blogs were full of life and I couldn’t wait to accomplish that with my blog.
Then I encountered a problem, a problem that I have had in every aspect of my life. I have a very hard time COMMITTING, to anything. Being consistent is not my strong suit. I hate this about myself. I often start a project and have a hard time finishing it, or I start a project have another brilliant idea and start a new project while leaving the other one unfinished. You see a pattern here? I have problems sticking with things and seeing them through and I want to work on changing this.
The reason why I haven’t worked on this before now is because one thing I hate more than committing is feeling like I’m starting over. When I don’t post for a while I feel like a failure and when I go to post for the first time after a month I feel like I’m starting all over again.
Yes, all of this may sound stupid and I’m not sure if anyone else has went through this but this has always been the way I am. I wanted to confess this to get it off of my chest in a sense.
This stemmed from reading a brilliant, brave post from Megan @ The Book Bratz. She just did a post called Confessions of a Jealous Book Blogger and it got me thinking about my faults as a book blogger. I want to change my non-committing ways and become a kick ass book blogger because this does mean a lot to me and I owe this to all of my viewers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hmmm... on the note superficial aspect I'd say that you're totally fine. Blogging is a great outlet, like this post, so don't put too much pressure on yourself.
ReplyDeleteOn a more deeper note, you mentioned COMMITTING. If you want to go there, blogging could be a good exercise in practicing focus and the like. Well that's how Id look at it anyway. Its like a meditating or exercising, sometimes you don't feel like it but conditioning your mind to focus regardless of the activity is worthwhile.
But again, don't overthink it Kayla. Just because you started as a book blog doesn't mean you have to be JUST that. Life is much more than books and now you're in this exciting phase in your life. You can spin the blog so it fits your lifestyle now.
I wish I'm making sense... LOL
Welcome back, slacker. It's okay. You're busy!
ReplyDelete