![]() |
| www.weheartit.com |
In today's day in age relationships are looked at as a curse, a bad thing... a thing of the past. It used to be that if you took an interest in someone you worked towards a relationship. Now it's the complete opposite. When you take an interest in someone you pursue something totally different... SEX.
We live in a culture where hooking up is too widely acceptable. Now I'm not saying that hooking up is always a bad thing, because let's face it, it's not. Stuff happens as I always say. What I am saying is that it shouldn't be the default in every interaction a person has with someone they are interested in.
Since I've entered college I have faced so many situations with guys where I start talking to a guy with the expectation that things may go somewhere after we've been talking for a while. But every time the topic of a relationship has been brought up I've been shut down and they move onto the next.
I was under the impression that when you talk to someone you are working towards getting to know each other and being together if you mutually like or have an interest in each other. I guess it really goes to show that I haven't had a boyfriend since I was 13 haha.
We have transformed into an unhooked generation where it's easier to hook up and detach than it is to be together; which in my eyes is really sad. I hate this trend that has been fostered into existence.
The funny thing is that I'm even currently sitting here with my room mates and some guys that are our friends and when they speak about girls they speak about hooking up strictly. I hate it. We are literally the hookup/friends with benefits generation. Just making an observation about what I see in the world around me and what I face first hand.
I do wish that the expectation of relationships were what they were in the past, now. I don't think that will happen though. So until someone comes along that has different expectations and standards, I'll stick to my books.

Post a Comment