It's the second day of January, of 2014, on a rainy day. Quite relaxing and peaceful actually. While sitting on my couch looking out of the window straight ahead I see the beautiful outdoors. The sun is kind of trying to peep though all of the dull and gloomy clouds, and today... well it's beautiful.
It's a New Year as I'm sure all of you are aware. Every New Year I make these ridiculous resolutions, and on top of that I make way too many. But last year I tried something a little different, I didn't set any ridiculous goals, I didn't voice them to anyone, I kept them in my head in hopes that keeping reasonable goals to myself would help me attain them a little better.
I was right. Maybe for everyone else voicing goals and getting them out there in the open motivates, but for me I just feel pressure. I do not like pressure, although I tend to procrastinate and work very well under pressure. It's a weird KG thing. Anyways, I'll get to the point. I set goals to workout, read whatever I felt like, no set book amount, and to just improve on myself as a human being. I attained all of those goals in 2013, and I'm quite happy with them.

I just see the same cycle every year. People say I'm going to quit smoking, I'm going to workout everyday, I'm going to loose weight... and so on. And most of the time people don't follow through with these goals they set. Yes they may want it, but if you don't have determination than you might as well wait until you muster some up to even start trying to achieve any of those goals. I learned that working out is HARD. I'm not an athletic person by any means but I was determined and I made it through working out. My point is you can do anything if you are determined.
This year I'll be following the same trend, I'm not going to set ridiculous goals for myself... but reasonable ones. And this time I'll actually share them with you.
1. I'd like to read whatever I want and just enjoy reading.
2. I would like to continue working out and eating healthy.
3. Raise money to either go to BEA or the TVD convention.
4. Go on a summer vacation.
5. Write more this year.
6. Improve on myself as a human being.

I agree with you! People, including myself always set these crazy unrealistic goals for themselves. It's always best to just start small. Love the goals you set for yourself. They seem very doable and fulfilling : )
ReplyDeletexox,
anna-lamode.blogspot.com
Anna that's the exact way I feel too! Thanks so much Anna for reading my goals and for stopping by to visit and comment. It's very much appreciated!
DeleteBest xoxo,
KG
I think we keep ourselves more pressured and accountable than anyone else ever could, so I often keep my goals to myself, also! Then, as I achieve them, it's like you have a fun little secret. Then if people notice it it means that much more.
ReplyDeleteHowever, I don't believe in New Years resolutions, but that's mostly because I'm just that person that decides on the spot to do or change something, and applies it from that moment on.
YES we do keep ourselves pressures more than anyone else lol. I'm excited to see what progress I make this year! AND EXACTLY I make up goals throughout the year also, it makes things a lot easier! Thanks for stopping by Katie! It's a pleasure to have your here as always. :)
Deletexoxo,
KG
i usually just decide to do something, doesn't matter what time of the year it is, if it feels like the right time, it usually is ;) your goals are totally reasonable - good luck with achieving them and hope you have a fantastic year ahead!
ReplyDeletesteph / absolutely-fuzzy.com
Stephanie you are a genius lol, I think that is a very smart thing to do! Thanks for the good luck wishes, and for also stopping by and taking your time to read and comment on this post!
DeleteHope you visit again soon!
Best xoxo,
KG
I agree with you! I always find people reading resolutions off for the new year and slacking off by mid-January. Why must goals be reserved for the beginning of January?
ReplyDeleteGood luck achieving your goals and I'm sure you'll do it! Hope you feel better soon, too! Have a great 2014!
YES MY EXACT THOUGHTS! I come up with many resolutions throughout the whole year. Thanks Alice, I'm sure gonna try my darndest to achieve them! And I will be better in no time, you have a wonderful 2014 also... thank you so much for stopping by!
Deletexoxo,
KG
thankfully, the books I'm reading are great! So, even though they have deadlines, I enjoy reading them :D
ReplyDelete