The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz

Title: The Four Agreements
Author: Don Miguel Ruiz
Pages: 168
Publisher: Amber-Allen Publishing
Release Date: September 14, 2001
Rating: Beyond 5 Stars

In The Four Agreements, don Miguel Ruiz reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering. Based on ancient Toltec wisdom, the Four Agreements offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love. The Four Agreements are: Be Impeccable With Your Word, Don't Take Anything Personally, Don't Make Assumptions, Always Do Your Best.



Skeptical. Yes that's the perfect word I'd use to describe my feelings when going into this book, as I am strictly a fiction type of gal. I love when you have low expectations for a book, you then give it a try, and are then completely blown away. Mind-blown, this book blew my mind. There aren't many times I consider a book one of my favorites much less my actual top of the list favorite, but The Four Agreements has breached that barrier.

I love soaking up knowledge, and I received an abundance of just that. I couldn't stop turning the damn pages, and directly after I finished it I wanted to start it over. I recommend this book to literally any and everyone, it's one that will stick with me a lifetime.

I won't reiterate The Four Agreements as they are already stated in the blurb above and are pretty self-explanatory. If I did that this post would be a mile long, which I do not. I will say that I was very touched and moved by this gem of a book, it changed my perception on life period. I look at things in a different light, and when I think of how I almost didn't read it... well let's just say I'm immensely happy I did.

The thing that stood out to me the most. The thing that I connected with personally is being yourself. It sounds so easy, but in reality it isn't. Due to societal standards and expectations it's nearly difficult to be who you truly are because it's looked at as abnormal and weird. I've always struggled with being myself around people because I always associated it with a negative connotation. Ever since I can remember people have called me odd and weird and I once took offense but I realized that I honestly am not weird, okay let me stop lying, I am a little weird... but it isn't a bad thing. Self-acceptance is one hard thing to obtain and I love how this book expounds and exploits great points and lessons about life.

Alright, I'm done babbling. Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed this review... at least a little.


Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.