| Photo by Kayla Graham |
During my family reunion this past Saturday I learned a little life lesson; the way that it happened was pretty funny. We were having a raffle I was sitting down beside my Mamma when my Uncle came up beside of me, and we were just talking like normal.
My Uncle said something along the lines of "I'm definitely going to win something."
After the 5th raffle was called I sarcastically replied "I don't think your ticket got the memo."
Shortly after that I followed with the words "I give up", surrendering in defeat.
My uncle replied with "I'm keeping hope alive."
LITERALLY right as he got the words out of his mouth, HIS number was called. Needless to say, my jaw dropped open and I felt even more defeated. In a good way though.
I looked over at my Mom and she smirked and said "see you shouldn't have given up."
LITERALLY right after she said that, HER number got called as the last ticket number.
So, I'm sitting there thinking a) what are the odds of this situation happening to me b) God is playing a funny joke on me and c) next time I will be keeping hope alive too.
So, today I go into work right? I'm a server and before I'm allowed to leave I have front work, back work, and silver ware to roll.
At work we always play a game each night and the team or the individual winner gets a prize of some sort. Tonight's game was whoever sold the most target item drinks listed would get a DNP or "do nothing pass."
When I got there I checked my stats and I looked at my co-worker and stated I'm going to win this thing tonight...
I won. I didn't give up hope.
Every time that I feel like giving up hope I will think of this cute, little, funny story and remember the lesson it taught me.
KEEP HOPE ALIVE.
xoxo,
Kayla Graham
Post a Comment