| Photo by Kayla Graham |
I will be honest with you guys I don't quite know what my gift in life is. I do have an idea of what it might be. I will tell you what I do know. Reading takes me to an unusually great place. Writing makes me feel more alive.
When I read I feel like I am living multiple lives within a day. When I write I feel like I am passing on apart of myself that will never go away. When I say "go away" I mean when I die. I want to pass on pieces of myself to people who come after me who need the lessons I've learned or the things that I've experienced.
I want to leave a legacy behind, just like everyone else does deep down inside. I feel like I'm getting in touch with my muse again, ahem. More like she's getting in touch with me again.
You see I became this person that had little to do with the person I really am. I thought I had it all figured out; but IT had ME all figured out.
Life. Death. Everything in between. Is a beautiful mystery, maybe even a dream. A dream because even if I tried I couldn't fathom how inside I seem to have this compass that knows what I need. Even when I don't quite know in the future who I will be.
Post a Comment