Seeing My Dad For The First Time in 5 Years

     This morning I woke up at 2:00 a.m. to pick my Dad up from prison after 5 and a half years. I am a big ball of emotion, I can’t even find the words to describe how I feel right now. I’m excited, nervous, scared, happy, anxious, etc. So many emotions there are right now.

     I could have never in a million years imagined how the day I see my Dad after five and a half years for the first time would go. I’m nervous more than anything. The fact that I’m nervous could be the reason my emotions are super heightened. I’m an empath. Living as an empath is something that one can generalize but truly means something different to each individual empath.

     Today is different than other days, you know the days that we all mindlessly let flow by on autopilot. School, work. School, work. School, work. It all gets so repetitive. But today is one of those special days that you know is going to impact the rest of your life.

     I’m so thankful for my headphones right now. When I am anxious I am very sensitive to sound. I kind of feel the mood of the song in my spirit even if I don’t necessarily like the feeling. It gets a little scary sometimes.

I feel less anxious now that I got it out. Okay, maybe not but honestly, I do feel a little better. On my way to recording a day where I don’t know what at all to expect, but that I know will hold deep significance for the rest of my life. Let’s do this thingy.

Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.