The Fall by Chana Keefer





The Fall by Chana Keefer

Rating 4 out of 5


      First off, I just want to let everyone know that I usually read only romance. But, it seemed like this was just “meant” to be.  Chana was nice enough to send me her book to read and review. I have to say that this book is so much more than just a Historical Fiction. I am trying to get the hang of writing a review without any spoilers. So bear with me.
    This book was a real eye opener for me. The fall was great; it was like it filled in all of the blanks that I misunderstood in Genesis. I always looked at Lucifer as just right off the bat disobeying God and being banned from Heaven. It really shocked me to see that he actually had a choice. That is what I love about this book and about God is that you are always given a choice.
    The story of paradise, Adam, and Glory (Eve) was breathtaking the love that God showed to all of His creation blew my mind. The scene in The Fall that really touched me was the scene where the mother monkey gave her baby to God. It seems simple right?  What I got out of this was that the monkey trusted God and loved him so much that when everyone was bringing their most prized possessions to offer at His feet, she gave her baby to him. This amazes me because not many people, if anyone at all would be willing to give up their baby to God and trust Him so much. That really touched me.
    Throughout this story I really connected with Rapha. He is an angel who was once best friends with Lucifer. In this book he goes through so much pain, joy, happiness and many other emotions and I experienced all of these emotions with him. I couldn’t even imagine going through all of the obstacles and trials he went through. The amazing thing to me is that even though he went through all of these things he still kept faith in God and was loyal to his will.
    I loved that Rapha got to bond with humans. He is thousands of years old but still learns new things from them. Even when it seemed all was lost, Adonai had it all figured out. I love that he didn’t force anything on anyone and let everyone be free to make their own choices. The Holy One was just brilliant he spoke with such wisdom, every time I read something he said I just sat there in awe at the depth and wisdom in his words, because he always made a point.
    I think that even if this isn’t your normal cup of tea, you should give it a try. It took me a little longer to read, but that’s only because this book is really deep. I look forward to the 2nd book in The Rapha Chronicles! Chana, please keep doing what you are doing.

Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.