In the Flesh by Julia Rachel Barrett

In The Flesh by Julia Barrett
380 Pages

Published: February 18, 2012
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb:

Lightning in the middle of a blizzard? Dr. Sydney Blake has read about it, but this is the first time in all her life she’s experienced it. Has her truck been struck? Blinded by the flash, she slams on the brakes and dives from the driver’s seat, right into a snow drift.As a shivering Syd gropes to her feet, she keeps her eyes shut tight, praying she didn’t actually see what she thinks she saw in that flash of light… a golden giant standing smack dab in the middle of the road. No way. Not possible. Or is it?

My Review:
This is a great sequel to Incorporeal, and I'm so glad that I got the chance to read this. I have missed reading Julia's stories so much! Julia's books all leave me wanting more, there isn't one book of hers that I have read and haven't loved. She is a stupendous writer, and if you haven't read any of her books I recommend you do.

In the Flesh is about a woman named Sydney Blake who is a doctor, and got wrapped up in a bad relationship with a guy named David Garza who is also a Doctor. One night when Sydney is on her way home there is a blizzard and the weather is horrible, and just when she thought things couldn't get any worse she saw a golden man fall out of the sky. (I love Julia's ideas) She swerves to stop from hitting him and then gets out of her car and finds a naked man in the middle of a blizzard. When Sydney gets him to safety, she checks and makes sure he is alright (which he is). When he wakes up he doesn't remember anything about himself or who he is, but one thing is for sure he sure can't resist Sydney and she can't resist him either.

Sydney and Wolf really have chemistry, and are just so great together. When I finished this book I wasn't sure how I felt about the ending. Now having time to think on it, the ending is perfect. I love how he returns. I'm not going to include any spoilers, which is why this review is so hard to write. I just want to tell you guys everything but I can't lol. I would suggest you read this book because it is a great read. Julia's books NEVER disappoint me. I would start with Incorporeal and then read In the Flesh, because you will have more of an understanding of In the Flesh. This book was So. Good. I'm always surprised by how fast her books pass by because I'm so captured by them.

Here are links to other reviews I have done on Julia Rachel Barrett's Books (if you are interested):

1. Captured by Julia Rachel Barrett
2. Anytime Darlin' by Julia Rachel Barrett
3. Pushing Her Boundaries by Julia Rachel Barrett
4. Incorporeal by Julia Rachel Barrett



Find Julia Rachel Barrett:
Goodreads
Blog
Twitter
Facebook

View all my reviews

Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.