Title: Struck
Struck #1
Author: Jennifer Bosworth
Format: ARC (Received from DAC ARC TOURS)
Pages: 373
Publisher: Farrar Straus Giroux
Release Date: May 8th, 2012
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Pre-Order: Amazon/Barnes & Noble/Book Depository
Mia Price is a lightning addict. She’s survived countless strikes, but her craving to connect to the energy in storms endangers her life and the lives of those around her.Los Angeles, where lightning rarely strikes, is one of the few places Mia feels safe from her addiction. But when an earthquake devastates the city, her haven is transformed into a minefield of chaos and danger. The beaches become massive tent cities. Downtown is a crumbling wasteland, where a traveling party moves to a different empty building each night, the revelers drawn to the destruction by a force they cannot deny. Two warring cults rise to power, and both see Mia as the key to their opposing doomsday prophecies. They believe she has a connection to the freak electrical storm that caused the quake, and to the far more devastating storm that is yet to come.
Mia wants to trust the enigmatic and alluring Jeremy when he promises to protect her, but she fears he isn’t who he claims to be. In the end, the passion and power that brought them together could be their downfall. When the final disaster strikes, Mia must risk unleashing the full horror of her strength to save the people she loves, or lose everything.
My Review:
Oh WOW. Those were the two words that ran through my mind when I read the last page of this book. Struck if definitely a Debut you don't want to miss. It is very unique and original. Jennifer Bosworth did a wonderful job of making me feel "connected" to the characters and the story.
Struck is about a girl named Mia who has been struck by lightening many, many times. Now she has red scars all over her body from being struck. After being struck Mia always knows when there will be a storm because she feels drawn to them.
There are two groups in this story The Seekers and The Followers. The Seekers are a group of people who are trying to recruit people to help them stop the world from ending and The Followers are the complete opposite. I won't go into deep detail because of spoilers, but lets just say I knew from the beginning I did not like Prophet (Leader of The Followers) AT ALL! Mia's mother was stuck under a building after the earth quake and was the only one to survive, but she has some major mental problems. Katrina which you will definitely get to know during this book is one of my favorite characters!
Mia is all about protecting her Mother (Sarah) and Brother (Parker), and throwing hottie Jeremy in the mix doesn't help much at all. Many secrets are uncovered during this story and I'm telling you I couldn't flip through the pages fast enough! The Prophet throughout this whole story was his Followers to recruit people and he was telling everyone the world was going to end, and all kinds of crazy things. Just know that Mia is the KEY to it all. The only reason I gave it a 4 was because I wished that Mia and Parker's relationship would have been a little stronger, but it all worked out in the end. (I guess I wanted that because me and my little brother are really close also). I love Jeremy and Mia's relationship and how they go through so much and still stick beside each other even when everything is turning out to be a nightmare.
What a great way to start off my week, I love this story and would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves action mixed with a little romance! Jennifer I surely hope that there is a sequel because I can't get Mia out of my head!
-A big thanks to DAC ARC Tours and to Tara, Lisa, and Ginger for allowing me to be apart of this tour.
Find Jennifer Bosworth:
Website
Goodreads
View all my reviews

Post a Comment