Title: YuYu Hakusho: Goodbye, Material World!, Vol. 1
Author: Yoshihiro Togashi
Yuyu Hakusho #1
Publisher: VIZ Media LLC
Release Date: September 15, 2003
Pages: 208
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Buy Here: Amazon/Barnes & Noble
In this first volume in one of Japan's most popular graphic novels, it was a typical day for Yusuke - go to school at noon, get kicked out by the teacher, fight with his rival Kuwabara, and head for home in time to wake his mom from her drunken stupor. But when he throws himself in front of a car to save a little kid's life, he becomes Tokyo's toughest teenage ghost! While his childhood friend Keiko grieves over his comatose body, Yusuke has one chance to return to life: raise a "spirit egg" at the behest of the comely Botan (aka Death) and her boss Koenma, lord of the infernal bureaucracy. But the creature that hatches from the spirit egg will be determined by the good or evil in Yusuke's soul - if he's not careful, he could create a monster!My Review:
So, this is the "first" Manga I've ever read. I really enjoyed it. I decided to give it a try after a girl in my Library was talking about conventions, and Manga.
She recommended this Manga to me and I read it so fast, because it was so interesting. It is about a guy named Yusuke who is a bad guy at school and he ends up getting ran over by a car and dying because he tried to save a little boy from getting hit.
After this, he meets the Botan who guides him through the afterlife. Since it wasn't expected for his to do a good deed when he died he gets the chance to take a test to come back to life.
In this he goes through a series of tests and the rest will continue in Vol. 2 which I CAN'T WAIT TO READ. I went to check it out at my school library and they have every Volume except for 2... yeah what are the chances lol. So, now I'm hooked and will have to go buy it!
I really suggest you read this, and give it a try if you've never read Manga before. It was really really good :D
View all my reviews

Post a Comment