Title: EmbraceThe Violet Eden Chapters #1
Author: Jessica Shirvington
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Kayla: I have been hearing a lot of hype about "Embrace", how does it feel to have your debut novel "Embrace" released?
Jessica: It feels pretty fantastic. It takes a lot of time to write a novel, then acquire a publishing house, go through the process of editing etc. To be at the stage where I get to see the books on the shelf is euphoric.
Kayla: What is the last book you've read?
Jessica: Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. It was a great read.
Kayla: What is your favorite part of being an Author?
Jessica: Crafting stories. It is a complete thrill.
Kayla: If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be?
Jessica: Well, if it could be anyone ... I'd choose God. It would certainly help answer a great deal of questions. Though, I could probably do a lot of damage in one week. ;)
Kayla: What was your favorite character/scene to write about in Embrace?
Jessica: My favorite character is Violet. I spend all my time in her head so I feel like I really understand her. My favorite scene...I like her birthday scene (Ch.6) and I also love the scene where she climbs the cliff (Ch.24).
Jessica Shirvington lives in Sydney with her husband of ten years, FOXTEL presenter and former Olympic sprinter Matt Shirvington, and their two daughters. She has previously
founded and run a coffee distribution company, Stella Imports, in London, and been involved in managing the restaurants Fuel Bistro, Tow Bar and MG Garage in Sydney.
Release Date: March 6, 2012
Pages: 367
Violet Eden dreads her seventeenth birthday. After all, it’s hard to get too excited about the day that marks the anniversary of your mother’s death. As if that wasn’t enough, disturbing dreams haunt her sleep and leave her with very real injuries. There’s a dark tattoo weaving its way upher arms that wasn’t there before.Violet is determined to get some answers, but nothing could have prepared her for the truth. The guy she thought she could fall in love with has been keeping his identity a secret: he’s only half-human—oh, and same goes for her.A centuries-old battle between fallen angels and the protectors of humanity has chosen its new warrior. It’s a fight Violet doesn’t want, but she lives her life by two rules: don’t run and don’t quit. When angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden…
Kayla: I have been hearing a lot of hype about "Embrace", how does it feel to have your debut novel "Embrace" released?
Jessica: It feels pretty fantastic. It takes a lot of time to write a novel, then acquire a publishing house, go through the process of editing etc. To be at the stage where I get to see the books on the shelf is euphoric.
Kayla: What is the last book you've read?
Jessica: Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. It was a great read.
Kayla: What is your favorite part of being an Author?
Jessica: Crafting stories. It is a complete thrill.
Kayla: If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be?
Jessica: Well, if it could be anyone ... I'd choose God. It would certainly help answer a great deal of questions. Though, I could probably do a lot of damage in one week. ;)
Kayla: What was your favorite character/scene to write about in Embrace?
Jessica: My favorite character is Violet. I spend all my time in her head so I feel like I really understand her. My favorite scene...I like her birthday scene (Ch.6) and I also love the scene where she climbs the cliff (Ch.24).
Kayla: While writing "Embrace", did anything take you by surprise?
Jessica: Yes. Most of the story to be honest. Sometimes these things just take on a life of their own. It was one thing to think about the story I wanted to write and do a brief outline, it was another to actually get inside my character's head and tell it from her point of view. Many of the scenes came stemmed from her reaction to certain revelations or situations and some of my favorite chapters came out of nowhere. That's one of the things I absolutely adore about writing - it can take you anywhere.
Kayla: How would you describe "Embrace" in three words?
Jessica: Choice and consequence
Kayla: How did the process of getting published for you go?
Jessica: I was very lucky because for me it was quite fast. I spent about five months working on the manuscript and was then introduced to my agent. She read the first few chapters, asked for the entire manuscript, called me a week later and told me she was now representing me. I signed a three book deal within a month of that. I was extremely lucky that my publishers were looking for something like my story at the time and it all fell into place. I think a lot of the publishing industry is down to timing.
Jessica: Yes. Most of the story to be honest. Sometimes these things just take on a life of their own. It was one thing to think about the story I wanted to write and do a brief outline, it was another to actually get inside my character's head and tell it from her point of view. Many of the scenes came stemmed from her reaction to certain revelations or situations and some of my favorite chapters came out of nowhere. That's one of the things I absolutely adore about writing - it can take you anywhere.
Kayla: How would you describe "Embrace" in three words?
Jessica: Choice and consequence
Jessica: I was very lucky because for me it was quite fast. I spent about five months working on the manuscript and was then introduced to my agent. She read the first few chapters, asked for the entire manuscript, called me a week later and told me she was now representing me. I signed a three book deal within a month of that. I was extremely lucky that my publishers were looking for something like my story at the time and it all fell into place. I think a lot of the publishing industry is down to timing.
Jessica Shirvington lives in Sydney with her husband of ten years, FOXTEL presenter and former Olympic sprinter Matt Shirvington, and their two daughters. She has previously founded and run a coffee distribution company, Stella Imports, in London, and been involved in managing the restaurants Fuel Bistro, Tow Bar and MG Garage in Sydney.
She is currently a full-time mum, author and co-director in the company MPS Investments Pty Ltd.
I reviewed Embrace and I really loved it. To read my review of Embrace "Click Here".
Find Jessica Here:
Post a Comment