Interview with Elle Casey



13559430
Title: My Vampire Summer
Author: Elle Casey
Publisher: Self-Published
Release Date: March 23, 2012
Pages: 195
Buy Here: Amazon

My Vampire Summer, a novella, the first novella in a series of four ... Reserved bookworm Iona Candella and her best friend, wild child Cheri Blake, are spending the summer before college in a small medieval town in France. Iona plans to spend the time reading 100 books on her Kindle and Cheri plans to spend it interfering in Iona's book reading/hibernation plan and finding gorgeous French boyfriends to help them pass the time instead. Both of them get more than they bargained for or even imagined. Ancient curses, haunted castle ruins, crypts protected by supernatural serpents. My Vampire Summer is a veritable YA Fantasy banquet, all in a novella-sized package.
Interview
Kayla: How did the release day for My Vampire Summer go?

Elle: It was great.  I had a few of my readers who keep in regular contact with me via Facebook jump on it as soon as it was released (within minutes, actually), who read and then reviewed the book on Amazon.  These are people who normally don't read novellas, so I was happy they gave the book a chance and liked it.  Other than mentioning on Facebook that I published it, I didn't do any promotion until just a couple of days ago, when it was featured as a free Kindle giveaway on Amazon for two days.

Kayla: What upcoming projects are you working on?

Elle: I just finished Book 4 of War of the Fae and it will be published on April 30th.  I have a 3-book post apocalyptic series I'll be starting in April, the first book to be published at the end of May.  I'm really excited about it.  I'm a big fan of that genre, so I'm looking forward to writing in it.  I will release one book per month, May, June, and July.  Then I'm starting a new fae series that's related to the War of the Fae series.  Some of the main characters will be back!  I can't wait!

Kayla: What is your all time favorite book?

Elle: That is such a hard question to answer!  As a kid it was "The Girl Who Owned a City" - the first post-apocalyptic book I ever read.  Loved it (I read it again as an adult and had different impressions, but it was a very important book for me as a kid).  I also read one called "Children in Hiding" that I really liked.  Later, The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings books.  Recently, Twilight!  I read a romance years ago that I liked and actually re-read it a couple times over the years, "Saving Grace" by Julie Garwood.  I like to read in all kinds of genres, so my "likes" are all over the place (as you can see).  Plus, I've read so many books, I'm afraid to say I've forgotten many.  I only joined Goodreads at the end of last year, so I never bothered keeping track of the books I read before, and to be honest, I'm terrible at tracking them on Goodreads too.

Kayla: Which of your books was your favorite to write, and why?

Elle: War of the Fae: Book 1, The Changelings.  I loved it because it was in my head in pieces for a long time, and once I started writing it, the characters actually wrote the story for me.  It really was a magical adventure to see it all come alive on paper like that.  The rest of the series rolled out the same way.  My characters tell me the story.  I merely write it down.  Saying this, though, I feel like I just picked a favorite child.  My books are like kids to me.  I loved writing all of them.  Writing is not a chore for me.  It's an absolute privilege to be able to do it for people who like my work.  The responses I've gotten from readers are just phenomenal.  It keeps me going, making me want to write every single day. 

Kayla: Which of your books is the most popular?

Elle: War of the Fae: Book 1, I think.  But generally speaking, once someone buys Book 1, they usually go ahead and buy the rest of the series.  If you look at star ratings on Amazon or Goodreads, probably the last book of the War of the Fae series is the most popular right now (I'm talking about Book 3, since the final book, #4 isn't published as of the date of me answering this question).

Kayla: Do you enjoy reader interaction?

Elle: Absolutely adore it.  I'm a big Facebook person, Twitter a bit too.  I get emails all the time and answer all of them.

Kayla: Are you a cat or a dog person?

Elle: I had cats for years and now I have a dog.  For me, it just depends on the personality of the animal, more than the type.  I love cats who are cuddly and affectionate.  I like dogs who are the same.  And my daughter has pet rats and they are so, so sweet - really cute, honestly; so I guess you could say I'm a cat, dog, and rat person.  :)

3706b01568710a7f023538.L._V148115525_SX200_Elle Casey is an American author living in southern France with her husband and three children. She writes in a variety of genre including Young Adult Action/Adventure, Young Adult Fantasy, Adult Thriller, and Adult Contemporary Romance.

Find Elle Here:
Facebook|Twitter|Website






My Vampire Summer_1

Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.