Title: Thirst No.5
Author: Christopher Pike Thirst #5
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: March 5, 2013
Purchase Here: Amazon|Barnes & Noble
It's no dream.
At last the truth of what happened during those hellish days has come back to her.
In her five thousand years as a vampire, Alisa - or Sita, as she was originally called - has experienced the equivalent of fifty lifetimes. Every moment of her immortal life is seared deep into her being. Every person she has loved, every victim she has killed - their faces are forever part of her.
Yet, strangely, a handful of memories have been lost to Alisa. As she and her friends embark on a search for the location of a sacred artifact - an ancient veil that may hold the key to mankind's salvation - Alisa soon realizes that her own mind may be her greatest enemy.
The memories she is blocking deal with the most horrifying period in mankind's history, a time when she was tortured by a madman responsible for the deaths of millions. But what information did her torture yield?
"While I'm taking care of the body, go through her things," Matt says. "You never know what you might find."
"Good idea." I had already planned to do that.
"Are you sure you don't want help?"
"It's not necessary. I have a shovel in the trunk."
"What made you bring a shovel?"
"Times like this."
Matt holds up his hand. "We'll get to that in a minute. For now I want to finish discussing this program. Cindy, exactly when did it become active?"
I have never heard Matt call Brutran by her first name before. The woman appears to respond well to his questions, to his command. With me, she has always been a little snide.
Nice teases! Never read Pike's books but have seen them for ages!
ReplyDeleteHere's my Teaser
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Kayla, did you read it yet?! I am finishing up on book 3 now. I already have books 4 & 5 read to go. I saw this at Walmart a few weeks back and thought of you.
ReplyDeleteI miss talking to you my friend! Your first year of college is almost over (or its over for the summer already?) I cant wait to hear what you thought of it!
I am going to BEA again in 2 days! Remember last year? I am going to go for more than 1 day this year. 1 is not enough!