Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood

Title: Star Cursed
The Cahill Witch Chronicles #2

Author: Jessica Spotswood
Rating: 5 Stars
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Release Date: June 18, 2013


With the Brotherhood persecuting witches like never before, a divided Sisterhood desperately needs Cate to come into her Prophesied powers. And after Cate's friend Sachi is arrested for using magic, a war-thirsty Sister offers to help her find answers—if Cate is willing to endanger everyone she loves.

Cate doesn't want to be a weapon, and she doesn't want to involve her friends and Finn in the Sisterhood's schemes. But when Maura and Tess join the Sisterhood, Maura makes it clear that she'll do whatever it takes to lead the witches to victory. Even if it means sacrifices. Even if it means overthrowing Cate. Even if it means all-out war.

In the highly anticipated sequel to Born Wicked, the Cahill Witch Chronicles continue Cate, Maura and Tess's quest to find love, protect family, and explore their magic against all odds in an alternate history of New England.



Born Wicked, the first book in this series was simply amazing. Everything about it was flawless from the cover to the actual story. I fell in love with the writing of Jessica Spotswood. Her world was so magical and had an old feel to it that had me entranced the entire time I was reading it. After reading Born Wicked I simply couldn't wait until the second book released so that I could get my hands on it.

I finally did get my hands on it as you guys can see; and I was not disappointed at all. Although there wasn't as much romance as the first book, this book focuses more on the prophesy and the three sisters as a unit. There was a little romance time between Cate and Finn though so don't fret. I loved it; the sisters all grew up in a sense and changed and we get to see those changes throughout the story.

I identified with Cate the most being that the story is told from her point of view. She is the most reasonable of the three; or at least I could say that until the end of this book. Tess really grew up in this book and became more of a young lady... capable of making her own decisions. As for Maura; I could really care less for her. To be completely blunt and unfiltered Maura was a complete and utter bitch in this book. She acted like an overgrown 12 year old having a temper tantrum because everything wasn't about her all of the time.

The ending of this book threw me for a complete and utter loop. Left me with my jaws open and wanting to smack Maura dead in her face. Jessica Spotswood I will never forgive you for this ending as it has left me needing to read book 3. For those of you whole love witchy things please pick up this series. And for those of you who have read both books please leave comments and let me know your thoughts. I need someone to rant about this book with ASAP.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you visit again

Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.