Taking the Power Back
It is so easy to act as a victim in situations. And you can even be a victim in a situation, but I believe that once you stop acting as a victim get up and move on from a certain situation you take the power back. These past couple of weeks have been so rough for me. I lost one of my jobs, ended things with someone I really cared for, only to meet someone else who I thought really cared for me. But it turned out they didn't; out of the blue just stopped talking to me at all. I felt so used, ignored, and I was crushed. I have to admit I still am a little bit. I get attached fast, which has always been my downfall. When it rains it does pour and when one bad thing happens there are 20 million other things to follow shortly.
The thing I thought to myself is "I'm so tired of feeling hurt". So I decided to start focusing on me. Let's face it in life there are going to be plenty of times you get hurt, but you have to learn how to move on and let go instead of letting a certain person or situation make you bitter. I know I am a good person; I am very trusting... sometimes too trusting. I've done things in my past that I'm not proud of at all; but at the end of the day I can live with myself because I know that I never set out to hurt people.
I'm learning to not trust so easily and to guard myself a little harder than I have been. I've became a stronger person through all of these trials and even though I hurt, I keep a smile on my face and my head up. One day I will meet someone who is equally as passionate about life as I am and who will accept and care for me as much as I do for them, and I'm in no hurry for it. I'm on this ride called life and I'm enjoying every second of it.
Similar Posts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment