Cosmetology School | Spiral Perm Wrap



Ya know when I first starting attending Cosmetology school I really wanted to blog about it but thought of the millions of others who probably do just the same. I'm big on originality so the thought of this was of course distasteful to me. 

Then I realized while, yes there may be many others blogging about their experiences in school they all have different voices as do I. In my mind it's better to heard among the sea of voices then to not be heard at all.

With that being said. Spiral Perm Wraps guys, wow. Tedious and time consuming are the first things that come to mind. And we're only practicing the "wrapping" part, not the actual "perming" part. 

Here's how the process goes.

1. Section the hair into four equal sections.

2. Take about 1 inch sections starting from the left and right bottom sections using a rat tail comb.

3. Take even smaller subsections again with your rat tail comb.

4. Place two end papers (super thin pieces of paper) below and above the strand of hair you have taken all while keeping your comb in hand the WHOLE entire time.

5. Squirt the strand with a water bottle, still with the comb in hand.

6. Take a perm rod and start at the very end of the hair strand and roll diagonally all the way to the scalp of the head.

7. When you have done that it's supposed to sit vertically, you then take the end of the perm rod and clip it to the top making sure the bands secure the hair kind of tightly.

8. Repeat these steps until you finish the whole head of hair.

9. Take out perm rods.

The image placed on the right just above shows the hair in both tightly curled and loosely waved sections. This is because I took one side down dry and one side down still wet.

I'm sure you can see how much hair there is on that mannequin head. Needless to say my first time it took me 4 and a half hours to do. I was pretty tired guys.

But in retrospect I actually liked doing this designer perm wrap despite the fact that it was very time consuming. The curls and waves above are gorgeous in my opinion. I'm curious as to using setting lotion instead of perm solution on the hair when wrapping it. Setting lotion holds curl for a three or four days, so if you are looking for a temporary fix or just wanting to see how it would look I'd suggest trying this product first. The only thing is if you do use setting lotion you have to let it completely dry so say you want bigger curls versus smaller use larger perm rods and vice versa. I'm both excited and anxious to gain some speed where the perm wrap area is concerned. I'll be doing actual client's hair next semester and I don't want to be slower than molasses.

Well I'll stop talking your ear off. Thanks for reading.

3 comments

  1. oh my gosh I want to go to Cosmetology school!!! I tried to go to a prestigious one but I needed 5 grand up front. uhm... sorry, no can do.

    Arianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if ever you have money saved up I highly recommend it! I love the program and there is never a dull boring moment, which is exactly what I was looking for.

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh I want to go to Cosmetology school!!! IPL8 live 2015

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.