Highlights No. 1

On Sunday I received a text from one of my coworker's Bree who also happens to be a friend of mine. She started off by saying she had a hair emergency then proceeded to send me pictures of said hair emergency.


On the left is how her hair turned out versus the right which was how she wanted it.

She asked me to re-bleach the front to panels of her hair initially. I complied, went over to her house and applied the bleach. While I was there she told me the story of what happened. Her hairdresser of 7 years only left her bleach on for 10 minutes. Not only that but she asked for balayage and got panels. Now you may not understand that this is a BIG no no, but it is. I'll tell you why. For most bleach processes you leave bleach on the hair for at least 35 minutes, that is unless the hair processes really fast. Heck. Sometimes you have to leave it on longer than 35 minutes. She then washed it out, didn't even blow dry it and when Bree noticed it was messed up she contacted her hairdresser. Her hairdresser told her to go buy some box dye and fix it. I perceive that as the ultimate insult as all hair professionals know box dye is horrible for the hair. Sadly she ended up paying $130 for to orange panels that were horrific. 

After I processed her hair and washed it out I still wasn't satisfied with the results so I asked her to come to my school salon the next morning.

I set out to ombre and add brown back into the front. The plan changed and we decided to go with some highlights and lowlights, adding a bit of 6N Natural Brown back in to take away the dramatic harshness of light against dark. At the very end I cut her bangs as well. Here are the results.


Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.