My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book was an adventure and I enjoyed it very much! I love the world that Julia Rachel Barrett has created. I would definitly love for this to be a series, because I can't stop thinking about this book. I got this book in the mail yesterday and I was so happy I started reading it right away and it was just so good that I couldn't put it down. I usually start another book right after I read, but I didn't want to read about anything but these characters.
Mari's character is very courageous, strong-willed, humorous, and I love everything about her character. Ekkatt has a hard exterior but he has a good heart and he is kind, and caring. They come together and find out that they have both lost their families and end up making a new one together, despite what the law of his people say about intercourse with humans being a sin against nature. Mari teaches him that just because they are different doesn't mean it's wrong, his people are just afraid of change. This book was really good, I would highly reccommend you read it because you will love every second of it. I am very pleased that I won this book and if I hadn't won it I would have definitly have bought it! Julia you are an amazing author!!! I will be keeping a look out for your books (:
Link to buy on Amazon: Captured by Julia Rachel Barrett
Link to buy on Barnes and Noble: Captured by Julia Rachel Barrett
Link to Julia's Website: Julia Rachel Barrett's Website
View all my reviews
Thank you so much, Kayla! I see on your bio that you're 18 - you understood this book better than many older readers - yes, his people are afraid of change. Again, thanks and so glad you liked the book. These are my two favorite characters.
ReplyDeleteExcellent review!
ReplyDelete(anny cook) Thank you!!
ReplyDelete(Julia Barrett) You are welcome it was my pleasure! They are amazing characters.
ReplyDelete