The Love is in The Air Giveaway Hop is hosted by Under the Covers Book Blog.
Interview
Kayla: What are your earliest memories of writing?
Karen: I’m not sure how old I was when I started daydreaming stories. I could “zone out” and everything around me would be magically transformed. One day I might be a princess, the next a poor orphan girl. The imagination has no boundaries.
Kayla: What inspired you to write Temperature’s Rising?
Karen: Have you ever met someone and immediately gotten the wrong impression about them. I have and it can be really embarrassing. That’s what happens to Jessica and Conor in Temperature’s Rising. She’s having a really, really bad day. A flat tire which she doesn’t hesitate to change, a client she’s never met who doesn’t show to look at a piece of property that just happens to be in an unsavory part of town…and then Conor pulls up in his unmarked police car. I love playing, what else can possibly go wrong? Jessica thinks he’s the client, John, wanting to buy a piece of property and he thinks she’s looking for a john to…well, you get the picture.
Kayla: For you, what is the most challenging part of writing?
Karen: Getting started. I’m fine once I have my laptop open. It only takes me a few minutes to get back into my work in progress. It’s making myself sit down to do it.
Kayla: Have you always known you wanted to be a writer?
Karen: No. I was married with two children when I discovered romance books. I always loved to read, but I quickly became addicted to romances. After a few years I knew I wanted to try my hand at writing one. It wasn’t as easy as the wonderful writers made it seem.
Kayla: In one sentence could you describe why people should read your book Temperature’s Rising?
Karen: It’s a funny sexy romance that will make you smile.
Kayla: Do you write in a structured environment, or can you write anywhere?
Karen: It has to be fairly structured, no interruptions. The phone is turned off and I have earbuds and music to block outside noise.
Kayla:What is the last book you read?
Karen: Honor and Lies by Elizabeth Lee.
Kayla: What do you do in your free time when you aren’t writing?
Karen: I love to make jewelry. I’m putting together a year of monthly contests where I’ll be giving away a piece of jewelry that I’ve created. Each piece will have a special charm that is connected to my new series.
Kayla: What are some of your favorite authors?
Karen: Sharon Sala, Lori Foster, Gena Showalter, Elizabeth Lee…Ohmigosh, I don’t think I’ve ever met a book I didn’t like!
Kayla:Are you a morning person or a night person?
Karen: Both. I’m usually up by 5 or 6am and stay up until 9 or 10. Actually, I guess that makes me a morning person. I’m pretty sure 10pm wouldn’t be considered late night.
Kayla: What advice would you give to new or aspiring writers?
Karen:One of my editors once said, “Karen, just have fun with the story”. Try not to over think everything. Relax and let the characters tell the story.
Kayla: Thank you so much for taking your time to discuss your book with us! I look forward to reading more of your books.
Karen: Thanks so much for having me, Kayla. I’ve had a great time!
To learn more about Karen and her books Click Here
Now for the Giveaway
The pictures above are the prizes :D
Okay so I will be giving away prize #1 to one special winner. Karen has been generous to giveaway 2 extra things and they're awesome!
#1: A copy of Temperature's Rising by Karen Kelley
#2: An autographed copy of How to Seduce a Texan by Karen Kelley, an add a bead bracelet with Swarovski crystal charms and a red jeweled box.
There will be two winners!!I person will win prize #1, and one lucky commenter will win prize #2.
To make this simple make sure you fill out the rafflecopter and you will be fine! I would recommend you subscribe to Karen Kelley's Newsletter. Thanks to everyone for coming out and entering! Happy Hopping!!
Click Read More to Enter in the Giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Below are all of the other participants, hop on over to see what they're giving away!

I like that Karen was more a reader first then tried her hand at writing. That's what I did. I loved reading Urban Fantasy so much that I started writing it. Great interview.
ReplyDeleteThank you, I myself am a reader :D I really admire that people can read and it develop into a writing career! That's awesome. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Hopping!
ReplyDeleteI bet it's a challenge for Karen to find a quiet time to write with two children!!
ReplyDeletebooks4me67 at ymail dot com
I love Karen's book and I liked finding out there's a book I haven't read (Where there's Smoke.)
ReplyDeleteacm05atjuno.com
I would love to learn how to make jewelry. I have several handmade pieces from local artists. I think that would be a fun hobby.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the giveaway!
geishasmom73 AT yahoo DOT com
Where did you learn the craft of jewelry making? It looks like a calming practice with beautiful results.
ReplyDelete(books4me) (Stacie) (Leni) Thank you all for stopping by and taking your time to read the interview with Karen Kelley and entering the giveaway! Happy Hopping :)
ReplyDeleteI like humor in a story & I'll be looking forward to seeing that jewelry you are creating.
ReplyDeletesallans d at yahoo dot com
I loved that she said she would include a piece of jewlery that she made. Love that idea
ReplyDeleteforettarose@yahoo.com
Hi Everyone!
ReplyDeleteThe two children are actually grown :) Yea!
As soon as I walked inside a bead store I was hooked. I've learned from trial and error :) There are some great websites that have free tutorials--like FireMountain Gems, which is where I buy most of my supplies.
The jewelry I'm making have a small angel wing charm to represent my new series starting May 1st with Where There's Smoke. The heroes are nephilim (part angel/part man)who break all the rules.
I know this has already been said, but I would also like to voice the opinion that including the bracelet in the giveaway is such a great idea! I love it.
ReplyDeleteHi Karen! Wow, I love that you make jewelry, and are making pieces that correlate to your books! That's just a beautiful idea!
ReplyDeleteI also love hearing that you were a daydreamer - both of my children were major daydreamers and got into a lot of trouble for it when they were in school, lol. Both have grown up to be very creative writers, so that imagination is really very important =D
Thank you so much for the giveaway opportunity!
Gena Robertson
robertsongena@hotmail.com
Most writers I know are/were daydreamers. The jewelry is my way of giving back :)
ReplyDeleteHi Kayla and Karen! I think it's amazing that Karen didn't discover her love for romance stories until after she was married w/two children...and THEN begin her writing career...AND jewelry business too. Karen...take a quick peek in the mirror...are you SURE there isn't a big 'S' on your chest? LOL! I don't know how you do it...but am glad you are. Your books sound awesome...and your jewelry is beautiful! I know you said your children are grown...but were you writing when they were growing up too? Thx for this VERY generous giveaway opportunity! Happy Valentines Day <3
ReplyDeletebarbbattaglia @ yahoo.com
Thanks for stopping by Barbara, I always love reading your comments they are full of humor and make me smile! Happy Valentine's Day!!!
ReplyDeleteKaren Kelley never disappoints. I love stories that give us 'what else could possibly go wrong?'
ReplyDeletemarypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com
(Marybelle) Thanks for stopping by (: Happy Hopping!
ReplyDeleteI love the sound of your books because I love books with humor in them. I will generally pick a romance with humor over a tearjerker any day. And I love the fact that the book started with such a misunderstanding.
ReplyDeleteThank you both for the great giveaways. I hope that the newsletter was supposed to be the yahoo group, that was where the link led so I did sign up for it.
June M.
manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com
I love her books. Her Planet Nerak series was awesome. I haven't read these two yet, but I'd love to.
ReplyDeleteseriousreader at live dot com
Hi! just hopping around and happy to discover another great blog :)
ReplyDeleteLOL I've never thought of myself as a superwoman. I probably shouldn't mention I also work full time as a nurse. Having enough time to do it all can get a little hectic. As soon as I get my copy edits turned in on book #2 in the new series I'm going to try to finish putting my YEAR of bling-bling, a book and chocolate give-away together.Thanks for all the wonderful comments! June, I'll check to see if I have you in my newsletter group. If not, I'll see if I can add you or send you the link :) Off to work for now. Oh, btw, my funny hubby gave me the title for the Nerak series. I loved it. A month later he told me where he got it---Nerak is Karen spelled backward :)
ReplyDeleteWow, such talent! An author and a jewelry maker? Seriously, I wish I could be that creative and artistic, but I was born without those bones in my body sadly!:-(
ReplyDeleteGreat interview! Your a new author to me and I love blurb! Thanks for the chance to win this delicious read!
ReplyDeleteMary
hi well i am going to blog on this if i win iput it on the author page and then on the fb and goggle plus and then i pin it to my site
ReplyDeleteilove to read and will bog on the book
(WakeAngel)I agree I was born without an artistic bone in my body also. Thanks for stopping by!!!
ReplyDelete(Mary @SweepingMe) You are welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed the interview and blurb. Thanks for Commenting!
(desitheblonde) I love to read too! Thanks so much for visiting and commenting
I am new to your blog and look forward to stopping by - love the interview!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the wonderful giveaways :)
kimberlybreid at hotmail dot com
You're welcome! Thanks for following, I look forward to hearing from you (: Happy Hopping Kimberly!
ReplyDeleteNice interview! I'm curious, you said "The phone is turned off and I have earbuds and music to block outside noise." but how is the music not distracting to you? I can't read well with music playing, probably because I like singing along with music I like so there is no way I would be able to concentrate. LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks for the giveaway!
Pam