Slave by Cheryl Brooks


Slave (Cat Star Chronicles, #1)Slave by Cheryl Brooks

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I did enjoy this book although not as much as I did "Stud" Cheryl's new release.

I enjoyed the love between Jacinith and Cat, but it seemed to develop a little too fast for me. I loved the storyline, Jacinith better known as Jack lost her sister Ranata to the horrible Newduts. They captured her and sold her into slavery. Jacinith has been searching for Ranata for six years, and when she finally gets close she finds out Ranata has been moved to a planet where all women are slaves.

In order to go to this planet Jacinith needs a man who can "act" as her master so that she can go to this planet, save her sister, and not be enslaved in the process. When she lays her eyes on Cat, a slave who is bound my chains all over his body (I mean literally all over) she feels the urge to buy him. She has searched many places for a slave that looks human and he is the closest she's found. Jacinith ends up buying him only to set him free because he tells her he will try to escape every chance he can.

When Jacinith is loading up her ship the Newdut tries to kill her, because he is mad that he couldn't sell Cat for the price he wanted to. About that time Cat jumps to her rescue and this is just the beginning of a long journey.

Cat and Jacinith develop a relationship almost instantly and it just seems as though they knew they were in love with each other too fast. I do believe in love but I guess I just like more tension building.

Overall this was a good book, it's not for everyone though. I enjoyed it.

8 comments

  1. I just bought the first 3 books in this series. I'm looking forward to them. I love futuristic space travel stuff. Throw in some romance even better. Thanks for sharing the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, I am definitely going to buying the rest of the series. I read Stud from Netgalley (The Latest book in thi series) I loved it so I wanted to start from the beginning :D Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm stopping by as part of the LoveAThon. :) Your blog is so cute! I love the design. And that is one sexy man on that cover! I'll have to look for the first book in the series. I love romance!

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you back! Thanks for stopping by. I never read books like these but would because of the cover alone. OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Visiting via the Love-A-Thon. Your blog is really cute and fun. I'm so happy to be getting to know so many fun bloggers. Thank you for stopping by mine. I'm a new follower of your blog. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the compliment :D It makes my day! I visited your blog and I think it's really pretty, it's neat, and simple. I like that! Happy Love-A-Thon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree La Toya, the cover alone is enough to make you want to read it lol. Thanks for stopping by @7b1135b15ef1564365dc2fb11be4047f and Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! This is the first book in the series, and he is pretty hot isn't he! I really enjoyed this book :D Thank you for stopping by @9087f7b865e1aa41214733ba969c2325 !!! Happy Love-A-Thon.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.