Fracture by Megan Miranda

Fracture by Megan Miranda

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine
-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?


My Review:
I ordered this book from The Book Depository because I loved the blurb and the cover, and I am so glad that I did. Here lately I haven't been as "into" reading as I usually am. When I read this book that changed.

I had the pleasure of meeting Megan Miranda, and she signed my book, YAY! I hadn't read it yet when I met her, so after I got home I sat down and I couldn't flip the pages "fast" enough.

Fracture is about a girl named Delaney who falls in a lake and drowns after being under water for 11 minutes, and she ends up coming back to life. This really stuns everyone, including her because she was dead. Decker her best friend is the one who pulled her out of the lake, and gave her CPR trying to save her life.

When Delaney wakes up from her coma, she feels very strange. Not long after strange things start happening to her, like waking up and walking to a patient's room with her hands twitching, to find the patient dead. Delaney's parents are very worried about her (along with everyone else), and think that if the give her the medicine than she will act "normal". Everything that used to be is now gone for Delaney, it's different. Her and Decker's friendship is different, how her parents look at her is different, everything is different.

While in the Library studying with Janna, a guy named Troy introduces himself and says that he knows Delany from her story in the newspaper. Only, there wasn't a story in the newspaper about her accident.

In this story you will find out who Troy really is and how he really knows Delany. You will cry in this book because it is heart breaking in some parts. I really loved this story, and I related to each and every character. I cried during this book, I got angry during this book, and at the end I was overwhelmed with happiness.


This is a beautiful debut, and I hope when you read this review you will go pick up a copy of Fracture and read it. The ending is great, it ended just how I wanted it to! I can't wait to read Megan Miranda's next stand alone.

View all my reviews

Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.