Meeting Megan Miranda, Author of Fracture

About a week ago I found out about Megan Miranda coming to our school. This was very odd because we never get speakers lol. I was very excited and I had already ordered Fracture, but was waiting for it to arrive (it never did). When it didn't arrive yesterday, I made a special trip to Barnes & Noble about 40 minutes away so I could have her sign it. So, now I will have two copies of Fractured. I think I'm going to be giving away the unsigned copy along with the bookmarks and book plates I received to one lucky winner :D Stay tuned for this giveaway, coming up very soon.

Today during first period at school I had the pleasure of meeting Megan Miranda, Author of Fracture (her debut novel). I have never met an Author in real life, so you can't even imagine how excited/nervous I was. Megan talked about her love of science and writing, the publishing process (which was a lot of stuff!), Revisions, How to get an Agent, How she came up with the name "Fracture" for her book, and how she incorporated science into this book. I really enjoyed hearing her touch on all of these topics. I am specifically a "reader", but she gave some great tips to apiring writers in High School which was to just "keep writing".

After her presentation I got to chat with her and she was very, very nice. She signed my book (AHHH, this made my day :D. After she signed my book she gave me some book plates, bookmarks, and she signed them. I will be giving some of these away on my blog (I'm going to keep 1 for me). So, stay on the look out for that giveaway, it will be coming up very soon. Thank you so much Megan for everything! I really enjoyed meeting you, and I can't wait to finish Fracture and review it. I wish you the best of luck with Fracture and your upcoming book.


In the top picture I am on the left and Megan Miranda is on the right, and on the lower picture is a friend of mine with Megan Miranda also! I love these pictures :D

-Below are pictures of my copy of Fracture signed, and the bookmarks and bookplates I will be giving away!





Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.