Title: Untamed
Amoveo Legend #3
Author: Sara Humphreys
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Release Date: November 6, 2012
Pages: 300
Rating: 4 Stars
Buy Here: Amazon|Barnes & Noble
The Amoveo are an ancient race who've lived secretly among humans for thousands of years. They are beautiful and incredibly strong but their race is extremely fragile--each has until the age of 30 to find their soul mate, before their bodies start to die a slow, painful death.
Layla Nickelsen has spent her life running from a mate she didn't choose, until William Fleury finally confronts her. Normally stoic and unemotional, William finds himself befuddled by Layla: his growing feelings for her and his driving need to protect her. And Layla has to admit that William might be everything she's always wanted after all...
It seems like this lovely book just fell from the heavens into my arms, because that is how perfect this whole situation happened. Upon receiving Untamed I could stop staring at the cover. Gah, who could? With William on the front shirtless... and that tattoo. (SWOON INSERTED)
I found out that this was the third in a series and that it could be read as a standalone also. I am usually one to read books in order but something about this book called to me. Man am I glad it did. I absolutely love shapeshifters and this book really exceeded my expectations. First off I love Layla (Not far off from my name), she is independent, feisty, guarded, and beautiful inside and out. Layla went through a lot as a child which is why she is so guarded and avoiding meeting her mate, William. In most romance stories I've been reading lately I feel as if the women fall in love to fast without over coming any obstacles, which in my opinion is unrealistic. I like that Layla and William's relationship grew just as a normal relationship would have. The constant getting to know each other and earning each other's trust made me feel as if this was someone's real life story being told... well minus the shapeshifting.
William, oh William. SO HOT. Some of the things he said to Layla had me blushing myself. He was always quite the gentlemen with a little edge to him. These two had me laughing hysterically through out this whole book. No lie.
Layla: "Was it possible to have an orgasm simply by having a man look at you? No. Not just look. DEVOUR."
Hmm... you see what I'm saying? Pick this book up asap. Untamed was witty, clever, hilarious, scorching hot, and most of all heart touching. [Humphreys] is an Author that I will be keeping my eyes on.
ARC provided by Sourcebooks Casablanca in exchange for an honest review.

Thank you so much for this wonderful review!
ReplyDeleteI felt so bad. I was at my neighbors house who is a different IP address and she has a MAC (I am Windows) to try to comment and NADA. Im glad its wasn't only me, but not glad.
ReplyDeleteI ended up going back to the stock blogger comment system too.
I can't believe there is book 3 in the series already! I enjoyed book 1 immensely. I read it back in 2008 I believe when it was still an arc! I am happy for Sara. She is a truly sweet lady.
Your review makes me want to go back and re read the series. I think I shall.
You have to temporarily change my button!My Bella is ready for Christmas (so's my header..lolz)