Top 12 Books of 2012

I know this is like 5 days late, but I really want to share with you guys what my top 12 favorite books of 2012 were. I decided not to do a video, if you saw what I looked like right now you would thank me lol. So without further ado here they are.

Note: These are not in any order. Although I definitely loved some more than others.

 City of Bones was one of the last books that I read in 2012, and it was so good. It's about Clary Fray the main character finding out who she is and delving into the world of the Shadowhunters. During this journey brings her best friend Simon along with her and also meets Jace, Isabelle, Alec, Magnus Bane, and some other unexpected characters.

I loved this book so much, I can't wait to watch the movie adaptation in theaters in August 2013.








 Deadly Obsession, holy cow. Definitely at the top of my favorites list of 2012. Nic The Lover... that name. Need I say more? Oh okay, if I must. The mystery in this book was amazing, and keeps you guessing the whole time.

Lauren the main character is also a ball of fire, and she and Nic have this sizzling chemistry... crazy good! You need to pick this up, no exceptions. Kristine Cayne is an amazing writer.
 This was one of the unexpected books I fell in love with. Angelfall was gifted to me as an ARC from BEA by my best blogger friend Fran from over at Bella's Shelf.

Post apocalyptic world filled with evil angels... words can't even describe how I felt about this book. While reading it I felt so many different emotions. Penryn and her broken family stole my heart right from the start. This book is filled with action and a little romance, and doesn't slow down. I would recommend this to anyone.
 Veronica Roth stole my heart and captivated my mind while reading Divergent. This was one of the first dystopian books I've tried out, and it was truly amazing. I don't know why I picked it up to be honest because nobody around where I live talked about it, but I saw it on sale at Walmart one day and decided to pick it up. I like to think it was fate rewarding me with an amazing book to occupy my time with.

Beatrice is a great main character. She doesn't complain and isn't whiny which I love. Also Four, OMG Four. Can we just talk about Four? He is a freaking amazing piece of a male character if I've ever read about one.

In addition to amazing characters with the exception of Eric, the world building is EPIC. Can't wait until this movie hits the big screen.
 I don't pick up contemporary romances very often, but in 2012 I decided I was going to try to get out of my comfort zone. Kati McGarry you created an awesome piece of work.

Echo Emerson went through a tragic situation, so tragic that her mind has blocked it out. On top of that her overbearing Father doesn't give her the kind of attention she needs, and is super hard on her. When having to attend counseling she is told to help Noah by tutoring him... and sparks fly LITERALLY.

These two have my heart... their stories are both so touching and I found myself crying. Pick this up if you are looking for a touching romance.
 Gabriel's Inferno. (Blankly stares into space) I cannot capture the immense pleasure I felt and experienced while reading this book in words. Sylvain Reynard is a literary genius and I will read any piece of work he puts out.

This is the first book I've ever read that is senual and erotic without containing much sexual interaction. Reynard has such a way with words and details.

Julianne and Professor Emerson's story is amazing. If you decide to read this, you won't be dissapointed. If you have the pleasure of laying your eyes upon this amazing book, savor every moment of it.
 Mermaids, no Syrena. Cool name for mer-people right? Anna Banks creating an awesome world, filled with unique characters and an overlying sarcasm and humor that keeps you hooked until the end and sideswipes you with a cliff hanger you never saw coming.

Leaving you begging to read Of Triton. Emma finds out she is a Syrena because of her incounters with Galen who is a sea prince. Galen sees Emma's potential but Emma doesn't see it herself.

Amazing story filled with adventure, water, and a funny romance. Read it. Read it. Read it.
 I laughed, I cried like a baby, I felt like I was Brie... feeling every emotion she did; and when her heart was broken in two I felt like mine was too.

I love Brie as a character, through this story she grows and develops so much and it's a joy to see her do this. I love the slang used in this book as well as the movie lyrics used as names for chapters. Pure entertainment, this book.

Patrick is there to help her through the afterlife (sort of) when she dies of a literal heart break. I loved this book to pieces. If you are looking for a good cry and laugh... pick this up.
 Mafias, guns, and hot dons OH MY. Revenge is filled with action from page one. Enrico Luchessi is an amazing piece of man, that I wish I could persuade Dana to write an alternate story about me and him. LOL. Just kidding... not really.

Kate is a woman who got tangled in this mess accidentally and Enrico is trying to get her out of it, if she'll only trust him. This is harder said than done, because Kate doesn't trust unless you give her a good reason to.

Goodness on pages, a masterpiece. Craving action... don't go to the movies, pick this up. It also has a lot of steaminess in it that I thoroughly enjoyed.
 HEARTBREAKER YOU'VE GOT THE BEST OF ME. BUT I JUST KEEP ON COMING BACK INCESSANTLY. OH WHY?

Yeah this is how John Green made me feel with Augustus/Gus and Hazel are characters that I won't forget as long as I live. Their struggles, lives, and stories are an inspiration to me. I feel so lucky to have been able to gaze upon this amazing work of art that John Green has published.

Warning, if you read this book... your life may change.

This is definitely my number one favorite book of this year.
 Another contemporary? Two in a year? Plus it's got an Amish and Non-Amish romance in the mix. Yes please!

Rose is a teenage girl who has always lived free and knew nothing about the limitations the Amish people put upon their children until she moves next door to an Amish community and starts to fall for Noah, a teenage Amish boy.

Forbidden romance... why is it so intriguing. I don't know? I just know that this was a great light heart read. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it for a rainy day.
 Tiffany, how could you create something so freaking good? I sat outside of the cafeteria at school and read this in about two sittings.

I want to be Norah, she is risky, dangerous, in control, and an amazing woman who captures the heart of all of the men who have the pleasure of being apart of her life.

Zach, Soren, and Wesley are all amazing but Wesley captured my heart.

I won't spoil it but I beg you to read this. You will be addicted to this dark world that Reisz has created.

6 comments

  1. I'm loving this list! Definitely agree with Divergent and Pushing the Limits! Though, there are some on here I haven't actually read yet, so I'm guessing I'll have to get around to that!

    Hope you read some equally awesome books in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Divergent and Pushing the Limits were so good, I'm so excited to read both of their sequels. Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you also have an amazing year of reading in 2013!

      Delete
  2. The Siren is the bomb, the entire series actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read The Siren, but I can't wait to read the rest :D

      Delete
  3. Kristine Cayne is officially in my favorite authors list...

    I still haven't read Pushing the Limits... One of my bookish resolution this year is to actually read my print books... That's kind of hard when I'm so dang busy, I can barely read my ebooks and they're on deadline!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arianne, I totally agree and understand lol! So many books and so little time. Pushing the Limits is good, and I think you'd like it!

      Delete

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.