Title: Book of Shadows
Sweep #1
Author: Cate Tiernan
Pages: 176
Publisher: Speak
Release Date: January 29, 2001
Rating: 4 Stars
Something is happening to me that I don't understand.
I see things, feel things in a new way. I can do things normal people can't do. Powerful things. Magickal things. It scares me.
I never chose to learn witchcraft. But I'm starting to wonder if witchcraft is choosing me.
Over the summer one of my best friends Kelsey happened to go to a yard sale of some sort, saw books, thought of me, and decided she would buy me a couple because they were so cheap. Among those books was Book of Shadows... when I first picked it up I judged. I thought this is too small, it looks like it would be cheesy, but Book of Shadows proved me wrong.
I've always been interested in the Wiccan religion and have actually started doing research on it to learn more. While I know this is fiction and the stuff from the book isn't real I love witchy books.
Morgan is the girl who no one really pays attention to. She's quiet, reserved, shy, and average looking... couple that with the fact that her best friend Bree looks like a super model and you understand why she is always overlooked.
When a new guy named Cal moves to town, every one's lives are taken for a loop. When Cal invites some Juniors and Seniors to a "party" to get to know people we find out that it's actually a circle. He allows everyone to have a choice to whether they want to stay or not. The people who did decided to stay were introduced to a whole new world.
Without spoiling this book involves a lot of middle school crushing, catty girl fights, and is just an all around adventure. It was a quick and easy read and I was so delighted to find out that there are many more in this series. If you are a lover of the supernatural I suggest you give this a try.
Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan
Similar Posts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment