Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

Title: Dark Lover
Black Dagger Brotherhood #1
Author: J.R. Ward
Rating: 5 Stars
Publisher: Signet Eclipse
Release Date: September 6, 2005


In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing more than Wrath, the leader of The Black Dagger Brotherhood.

The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed - leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate - Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead - a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams.


I am a big fan of Larissa Ione's writing and I didn't think that anyone would be able to capture me on the level that she did... but J.R. Ward has proven me wrong. How I wish I would have picked up this series earlier. I can tell by how quickly I breezed through this book that I won't be able to stop until I read the whole series. I'm reading Lover Eternal as we speak.

Wrath and Beth were both amazing characters. Wrath was brooding, authoritative, and stayed to himself but Beth cracked down every barrier he had. Beth was feisty and I loved that about her. She never backed down from an argument with Wrath even though he is the king of all vampires... that takes some serious guts in my book.

One thing I loved about this book was the servant/butler Fritz, he was so kind and catered to the needs of everyone around him. I fell in love with him the first time he was introduced.

I have to admit I didn't like the cop Butch at first but he grew on me, just like he grew on the members of the Brotherhood. The side story of him and Marissa; I'll just say I was very pleased.

I stayed up last night until about 2 o'clock in the morning finishing Dark Lover because it was oh so very good. This book got so hot at times I was sure it was going to make me melt. These are characters I can tell that I'm going to grow very attached to. Thank you to all of my fellow readers who kept telling me to pick this up, so glad that I did.

Have you read Dark Lover or any of The Black Dagger Brotherhood series? What did you think? Thank you for stopping by, please feel free to leave a comment as I reply back to every one of them. Hope you come back soon.

Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.