Title: Lover Awakened
Black Dagger Brotherhood #3
Author: J.R. Ward
Rating: 5 Stars
Publisher: Signet Eclipse
Release Date: September 5, 2006
A former blood slave, the vampire Zsadist still bears the scars from a past filled with suffering and humiliation. Renowned for his unquenchable fury and sinister deeds, he is a savage feared by humans and vampires alike. Anger is his only companion, and terror is his only passion—until he rescues a beautiful aristocrat from the evil Lessening Society.
Bella is instantly entranced by the seething power Zsadist possesses. But even as their desire for one another begins to overtake them both, Zsadist’s thirst for vengeance against Bella’s tormentors drives him to the brink of madness. Now, Bella must help her lover overcome the wounds of his tortured past, and find a future with her…
I told you guys I had a feeling that Zsadist would be my favorite brother yet; well lo and behold I think I am correct. Zsadist has stole my heart and I know there is no getting it back. His story captured me from page 1 and I didn't get up from my chair until I had read this book in one sitting. Intense, emotional, thrilling, and captivating are just a few words to describe this book because I could literally go on and on all day.
There were moments when I was laughing my ass off, super serious, worried, scared, and mushy. I felt all of the feels while reading this book.
Zsadist is very misunderstood; as a former slave used for sex there were things that were done to him that he just hadn't worked past. Everyone thought him evil, soulless, and runied... when in reality he was just very broken. Now don't let all of that fool you Zsadist is labeled as the most dangerous brother in the brotherhood. He's unpredictable, unstable, and super scary. But maybe he just needed the right person to come along.
Bella for some reason has been strangely obsessed with Zsadist ever since the first time she laid eyes on him, and had a rough encounter. While everyone warns her to stay away she can't. She pushes his boundaries, stretches his limits, and cracks his barriers... but will that be enough to make him hers?
You need to read it. Pure pleasure came from me reading this book. The BDB will be the cause of many nights of lost sleep. Thank you for stopping by and reading my review. Please feel free to leave a comment, I reply back to every one of them. Hope you come back soon!
Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
Similar Posts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment