Messed Up Priorities



I am at this point I would kind of classify as a rut, where I'm stuck. I don't know what I want to do with my life. I for sure know that I want to work with books in my career, but I'm not sure what specific job I want. I usually always have everything together and am on top of everything. But here lately... I've been slacking, procrastinating, and not caring.

I'm at a point where I just don't know and that kind of scares me. Leaving High School I had my whole life mapped out. I was going to be a High School English teacher and move far away, get married, have kids, and travel every summer. When I actually got to college I couldn't see myself being a High School English teacher, so I changed my major to graphic design only to discover I hate art.

Then I changed my major to what it currently is now, Professional Writing and realized that while I like writing for pleasure on my own time I hate writing research papers. Over the summer I wanted to take some classes to bring up my GPA only to flunk them because of 2 jobs, my own procrastination, and lack of determination and commitment.

I really need some time to regroup. To find out what I want out of life, and where I want to be. I need to start taking school more seriously and put my social life on the back burner because at the end of the day the only person who is going to get me somewhere career wise in life is myself.

My priorities are way out of whack and I need to put them back into place starting by putting school and education at the very top of the list.


Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.