Yesterday at City Lights

Yesterday was my first day off of work in a long time, and I decided I wanted to make a day out of going to the local book store and cafe' to relax a little. Boy how I have missed reading; working two jobs just doesn't give you much down time for reading. City Lights Bookstore is very close to school and is by far the most beautiful book store I've even lain eyes on.


If you follow me on Instagram, I uploaded this picture yesterday. I went in looking for something I knew would capture me from page 1, then lo and behold I find Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood. Born Wicked is one of my personal favorites and the first in this series. I was beyond ecstatic to find Star Cursed on the shelf with it's gorgeous cover. 


After purchasing my book I went down to the downstairs cafe' and read. But not before taking some pictures of the beautiful scenery that surrounded me. 


This area reminded me of the front entrance of the restaurant Quake that Piper worked at in Charmed during the first season.


I got to escape from reality for a while, and it was so relaxing. Reading always is though, entering another world while the world you are in continues to go on is such a surreal feeling. Especially when you finish a book and it has made such a big impact on you, then you put the book down... look around you and realize no one understands. I got about 50 pages into Star Cursed and I can tell I am in for a big treat! I'm currently zooming through this book, so stay tuned for the review!


Living in the mountains is so beautiful; at all times there is beauty surrounding you. Most of the time I'm too busy to stop and appreciate it, but am glad I got the chance to stop and be aware of the beauty that surrounds me everyday.


Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.