Title: The Chaos of Stars
Author: Kiersten White
Pages: 288
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: September 10, 2013
Rating: 4 Stars
Isadora’s family is seriously screwed up.
Of course, as the human daughter of Egyptian gods, that pretty much comes with the territory. She’s also stuck with parents who barely notice her, and a house full of relatives who can’t be bothered to remember her name. After all, they are going to be around forever—and she’s a mere mortal.
Isadora’s sick of living a life where she’s only worthy of a passing glance, and when she has the chance to move to San Diego with her brother, she jumps on it. But Isadora’s quickly finding that a “normal” life comes with plenty of its own epic complications—and that there’s no such thing as a clean break when it comes to family. Much as she wants to leave her past behind, she can’t shake the ominous dreams that foretell destruction for her entire family. When it turns out there may be truth in her nightmares, Isadora has to decide whether she can abandon her divine heritage after all.
Entertaining, humorous, adventurous, and magical. Those are just a few choice words I will use to describe the content of this book. I went for a visit to the book store one day and when I saw this book on the shelf I knew I had to own it. The cover captured my eyes while the synopsis captured my mind. I had to wait a long week to purchase it, but it was well worth the wait.
I love books that have mythology incorporated in them. It was so delightful the way this book was set up. You get the chance to indulge in modern day happenings with the addition of flashbacks and old ancient stories to accompany the modern day stories. It was a great touch.
Our main character Isadora was a main character that while I did really like her, she was a little whinny at times. Isadora is the daughter of Isis and Osiris, every 20 years her mother has another child to keep their line going and to keep power. Isadora has grown to think that the only reason for her existence is because of her mother and father's selfish attempt to keep power, she thinks they don't love her.
When Isis announces she is pregnant 4 years ahead of schedule Isadora is furious and has her mind set on escaping; someway, somehow. The crazy thing is she actually does, her mother allows her to go live with her brother Sirus in San Diego until the birth because she senses danger.
When Isadora lands in San Diego this story picks up pace quickly. She meets Ry. If ever I could choose an actual character to have as a boyfriend it sure would be Ry. She also meets some great friends Tyler and Scott.
While discovering who she really is Isadora has time to reflect and she starts to realize that maybe her parents do love and care about her, but will she realize these things before it's too late is the question... you'll have to read to find out.
I will elaborate a little further on Ry. He writes epic poetry, he has beautiful blue eyes, and an amazing personality to match... let's not forget those good looks either.
The Chaos of Stars is an enchanting, magical tale of love and family. It will keep you reading into the wee hours of the night.
The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
Similar Posts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Okay I seriously need to find a new book to read. Maybe this one will be it. Mostly because Ry sounds awesome hahaha
ReplyDeletePd thank you for always leaving the sweetest comments. They make my day :)
Haha, I hope it's this one... especially because of Ry! You are welcome, you have awesome content so I just can't help myself! Thanks so much for stopping by my little corner of the web Marsa! Hope to see you here again soon!
DeleteOh, I love that cover. I love that cover!
ReplyDeleteI love egypt and mythology and all that. This sounds like a great read!
Oh my goodness, I know! I was in cover lust when I first saw it lol. You would like it if you like mythology! I loved it, but a lot of people say they didn't. Guess I'm an odd ball haha. Thanks for stopping by Katie, it's a pleasure to have you here as always!!!
Delete