Discussion | Are there any non-blogger, blog readers out there?

www.weheartit.com
It's KG here, sitting here with a good cup of creamy chocolate coffee, chatting with my best friend, and writing this here post. 

Well guys, I got to the other day when I came across a survey on twitter that Cuddlebuggery was conducting asking if there were any non-blogging, blog readers out there, and I realized that most of the posts that I get comments on come from other bloggers. I don't think I've came across a comment-er here at That Girl KG that is a non-blogger.

I wonder why that is? It's just a thought. Do you guys have any idea?

My theory is that yes there are non-blogging, blog readers but they, just like I did become so enthralled and interested in the aspect of the book blogging community that they too decide to join it themselves. At least that's what happened to me. Any thoughts or comments guys? I'd love to hear your theories and explanations.  

6 comments

  1. Personally, my only non-blogger followers are my mom and my husband, which I forced on him, and maybe a few friends who are trying to support me. When it comes to book websites, they can get book followers who are looking for reviews and good books to read, but I think the majority of commentors comes from other bloggers being supportive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, that's interesting. It's been brought to my attention that many people think that non-bloggers DO read blogs but maybe don't comment. I'd love to know for sure though!

      Delete
  2. Before I started blogging for business I never read any specific blog. I might read one while looking for information and bookmark it if it was really informational and I needed to visit it again. I never commented either because you usually needed to fill in all this information and have some kind of profile. Then some websites make it so hard to comment that it's more of a pain then it's worth. Maybe most non-bloggers are the same. They find it too difficult to comment on blogs. Then again, maybe they just want the info and they are outa there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good answer Stephannie, we as bloggers to make it kind of hard to comment don't we? It can be a bit of a pain even when you are a blogger so I could imagine not being a blogger and not wanting to go through all of the trouble. When I wasn't blogging, but still reading blogs... I was just too intimidated to comment. I thought my comment would go unnoticed so I thought why do it in the first place?

      Delete
  3. I saw that survey too, and I'm curious what percentage of our readers don't blog as well. I know we have a fair number because of the hits and followers and fans and such, but my theory is that it's mostly other bloggers who do things like comment. If I weren't so lazy, I might ask them, hah.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same here, I've been on the lazy side here lately. I need to snap out of it! Maybe one day we'll know. I know if anyone can get the scoop it'll be those amazing ladies over at Cuddlebuggery. Thanks for visiting Wendy!

      Delete

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.