Finances and Getting in Shape


I admit I've always been a very independent and responsible person for my age, but when it comes to managing money I am lacking in the responsibility department.

I'm proud to be able to say that I've became a financially responsible person, finally. It was super hard. All of my life when my parents got money they blew it on clothes, cars, new phones, you name it they bought it, which is why I've always been that way.

What really made me realize that learning to manage my finances was so important was my room mate, who is a finance major. She taught me how to budget, save money for bills, and is now in the process of teaching me how to save money to travel and get a car.

I'm so stoked to be able to say I finally see the light at the end of this impulse buying tunnel and no longer feel the need to buy something every time I'm out and about.

Another goal I've accomplished is changing my eating and work out habits. I've started this low carb diet, and I don't even feel restricted. I've already lost 5 pounds on top of working out everyday.

I feel accomplished and refreshed. My bills are paid, my body is feeling good, next up on my goals to accomplish list are finding a second job and getting a car.

Have you made any changes recently pertaining to anything in your live for the good? Is there anything you've done that you're proud of? I'd love to hear about it! So drop me a comment and start a conversation!

10 comments

  1. I actually think that financial skills are really lacking for most people - and I blame it on our public education. No one ever tells you in high school that saving is good, debt is bad, you shouldn't always buy things you can't afford, the difference between an asset and a liability and just stupid purchases... and really, someone should. If everyone had someone like your roommate, the country would be in a lot better shape.

    belle + compass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Isa, public education fails to include the things that are going to matter the most in life, and it's sad because most people learn too late when certain disasters could be avoided by being educated on a certain subject like Finances! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. I love managing money :) Of course, I love spending it as well :) I think I'm pretty good at it, there are people who are worse off. With all the debt I have with my credit card, I think I've still got it managed, although I'm getting close to losing control. I refuse to give in!

    As for fitness... Hah. I'm working on it... Nothing yet, but I'm getting better as far as eating. I try not to eat so much carbs and sugar. I try to do portion control - don't always work but I find I don't eat as often as I used to. I'm a snacker so that in itself is a cause for weight gain. I was unemployed for 3 months and stressed the entire time, even before then... I ate lots of comfort ice cream, and gained close to 20 lbs... Now I need to lose those pounds coz I feel gross and unhappy about my body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! I understand lol I love to spend too, and did I mention I'm a HUGE snacker! I have started this low carb diet, where I only eat 20 grams of carbs a day, only drink water, and cut out all wheat completely which sucks but I found out that I'm allergic to wheat anyways so it isn't as hard. Exercise is where I'm lacking. I'm super proud of you for managing your money well! I know you are a very determined person and can achieve any goal you set your mind to, so I know you'll lose that weight in no time! Not that you even need to. :)

      Delete
  3. My mother taught me to be very financially aware, but I've never actually set up a budgeting system. I kind of want to. I feel like it would help me use money more wisely. We don't spend frivolous money, and I really don't buy a lot outside of groceries. But even that I think I could be smarter about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES Katie, I am in desperate need of a budget because I'm an impulse buyer... it's not a pretty sight lol.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's so great!!! You should feel really proud of yourself. Being financially responsible and learning to save is something that a lot of people-even old people don't understand! I'm still learning self control and saving more. It's a very hard thing, so that is so awesome that you're doing it. And congrats on the dieting and exercising. Sounds like you've already accomplished so much and 2014 just started! : )

    xox,
    anna-lamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! Being financially responsible is one of the hardest things I've ever encountered! Thanks for the support and encouragement, I can't wait to see what the rest of 2014 holds! It's a pleasure to have you here :)

      Delete
  5. I am following your blog for some time and I like it a lot, and this is a beautiful article!
    http://www.milanotime.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks! I'm so glad you like it, people like you make my day with your comments! Hope you stop my again soon. Now I'm off to check out your blog. Thanks for stopping by!

      xoxo

      Delete

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.