Azagoth by Larissa Ione

Title: Azagoth
Author: Larissa Ione
Pages: 200
Publisher: Evil Eye Concepts Incorporated
Release Date: June 10, 2013

Even in the fathomless depths of the underworld and the bleak chambers of a damaged heart, the bonds of love can heal…or destroy. 

He holds the ability to annihilate souls in the palm of his hand. He commands the respect of the most dangerous of demons and the most powerful of angels. He can seduce and dominate any female he wants with a mere look. But for all Azagoth’s power, he’s bound by shackles of his own making, and only an angel with a secret holds the key to his release. 

She’s an angel with the extraordinary ability to travel through time and space. An angel with a tormented past she can’t escape. And when Lilliana is sent to Azagoth’s underworld realm, she finds that her past isn’t all she can’t escape. For the irresistibly sexy fallen angel known as Azagoth is also known as the Grim Reaper, and when he claims a soul, it’s forever…


My heart was overjoyed the moment I got an e-mail notifying me of Larissa Ione's newest release 1001 Dark Nights. You see, I'm a big Larissa Ione fan if you didn't know that already. The Demonica Series and The Lords of Deliverance Series were some of my favorite series', so reading this filled me with pure and utter enjoyment.

Azagoth was pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Seeing the characters from the Demonica and Lords of Deliverance series' in this novella was fucking awesome. The plot was kind of predictable, to me at least. But even though I knew what direction the book was going in I was still hooked from beginning to the very end. This is simply because Larissa is such an amazing writer, the words sound and feel so good that it didn't matter because I still enjoyed the book just as much.

So, what is this book about? Welp. Azagoth is the Grim Reaper/Keeper of souls and basically he's in turmoil with the Angels for reasons I cannot reveal to you as it would ruin the book for you. In the crossfire Lilianna, an angel, is thrown into the mix when she is forced into making a deal with Raphael the head Angel of Heaven where she is kind of forced into living in Azagoth's realm with him for eternity if she doesn't do what he has asked of her. Upon arrival Lilianna is set on hating Azagoth, doing what Raphael has told her to do, and regaining her place in heaven, but as with most stories this situation doesn't play out the way she thought it would and she begins to second guess her motives and intentions. Although they come from very different places with very different intentions they seem to figure things out pretty well. It's really nice to see how things play out. 

Ione you've once again as well as many other times dazzled me with your words, and I cannot wait to rip into your next creation.


Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.