Starting Anew with Grit


Many people will tell you that if you don't finish college you'll never go back to finish. While I am using college because of my personal situation, this same concept can apply to anything. A project, business, website, blog, etc. While this opinion may be true for some cases, it certainly doesn't speak for everyone.

Have you been itching to start over, but fear what other people will think of you?
I say do it! Start over! I did!

Aside from bravery; grit is the trait needed to commit to starting all over again.


Grit is a personality trait possessed by individuals who demonstrate passion and perseverance toward a goal despite being confronted by significant obstacles and distractions. Those who possess grit are able to self-regulate and postpone their need for positive reinforcement while working diligently on a task. (Web. 1 November 2017.)

I am a licensed Cosmetologist for those of you who don't know. At the time I knew I was not mature enough to stick with the course of completing my Bachelor's Degree; which is why I took a break from college and decided to get a license in Cosmetology. I knew that when I became ready as well as more mature I would return to pursue my Bachelor's Degree.

I have done just this, and you can too. I am "literally" only beginning as a first semester freshman, which may sound ridiculous to many... but I couldn't be more proud of myself.

Sometimes you've got to grow some balls and grit, and say fuck what other people think.

Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.