This morning I woke up to the sound of my Godson Leo crying. Being the non-morning person I am I gathered my blanket, phone, and pillows and off I went to the guest bedroom to embark on another session of sleep.
At about 9:00 a.m. my mother called. I do not like talking on the phone and typically avoid it at all costs, but when my Mom calls as well as a select few others I answer.
On the other end of the phone my Mom was chipper; she is the definition of a morning person. She said "I bet I'm your worst nightmare". I can reflect back and laugh now but in the moment that statement felt pretty damn accurate.
The reason she called is to invite me to a Yoga class which I quickly declined because I wanted to sleep in for a few more hours.
Sounding very disappointed my Mom said "Okay" and we got off of the phone. Now, my Mom knows me well because she knew that I would lay there, think about it, and decide to go because I felt bad. She was right and I knew she knew that was just what I would do, because she told me.
Gotta love Moms.
After I decided to go I got up, cleaned the house, meditated for the first time in forever (I almost fell asleep while doing so), went to Yoga class, came home, made breakfast, and wrote in my journal.
Now, I am sharing all of this with you. Why? Because today is the first day in a very long time where I have done the things that used to matter so much to me and I feel this burst of motivation and energy that I can't contain.
Start one day at a time. One step at a time. One breath at a time.
Getting Back to My Roots
Similar Posts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment