Destiny Called Yesterday


Yesterday I was finishing up writing a post when I get a call from a phone number with the same first six digits of my own. Since I was unfamiliar with the number I didn't answer and hoped whoever it was would leave a voicemail.

No voicemail was left, my curiosity got the best of me, and I ended up calling back to see who it was.

On the other end a very nice lady answered the phone and explained that she was giving me a call back because she received a call from my number earlier that morning.

I looked through my call log just to prove to myself and reassure her I hadn't called because I had been asleep at the time she said I called. Sure enough the number was no where to be found in my call history.

Strange.
What was even stranger that that? She was a hairstylist calling about an appointment.

To all of those who don't know, I am a licensed Cosmetologist and have been battling with the decision to go back to working in a salon for a year now.

I miss being able to use my talent and exercise my gift.

This lady was so generous with her information and gave me so many tips on where to look, where not to look, and just about salons in the area in general. I had never met her before, never called this number before, yet got a call from her that she perceived was a call back.

Call me crazy but I don't think this was a coincidence. I think it was destiny calling in the most literal way.

I am off to resume my hunt for the salon I'm meant to be at. Wish me luck.

xoxo,
Kayla Graham

Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.