Seattle, WA, USA

Seattle, WA

Car camping makes it hard to get up in the morning. Especially when it's freezing cold outside and you're bundled up in the most perfect and warm cocoon - 4:30 a.m. hit and I was fully awake. 

I had taken some melatonin the night before so at 9:00 I was literally knocked out.

Another day on the road.

Another city. New places. New people. New sights. New experiences.

I've come to realize that I don't necessarily prefer city settings - although they're beautiful, there are so many people around. Feeling such an increase in energy around while being from a small town has been a little overwhelming and draining to be honest.

I live for the secluded areas. The back roads. The outskirts.

Hidden gems just waiting to be found and appreciated.

As we got on the road this morning traffic was terrible here in Seattle. I mixed up my days thinking that today was Wednesday when it's actually Thursday. I realized this just as a meeting with a client of mine popped up as beginning on my phone. Shit.

This is what happens when you begin to create a life you don't need a vacation from - the minutes, hours, and days start to become a continuous stream of consciousness and you - just present with it all.

Needless to say I'll be utilizing the reminder app in my phone a little more for this very reason.

Meeting rescheduled. Crisis averted.

I'm learning a lot about myself on the road.

Becoming more resourceful, aware, at peace.

Fully in surrender to life.

As I sit here at this Starbucks here on this gloomy little rainy day here in Seattle I feel at home in my skin.

I feel at home in this little space I'm occupying here on Earth. 

Just as was typing the preview sentence the train passed by the window with the last numbers on the back being 222 and it's in moments like these that I'm reassured because life is forever communicating that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.