January 3, 2022


Hmm. Today I woke up around 10:30, got ready, and headed to this Coffee Shop/Bookstore just a town over to work because they have the best Sugar Cookie Oat Milk Latte.

I mean hot or cold it's amazing.

I stayed there until about 1:00 when I got hungry and decided to go grab some lunch because I hadn't eaten at all at that point.

Sometimes I'm just not that into breakfast, to be honest.

I ended up eating some hot wings for lunch and this place legit had lemonade that is better than Chic-fil-a lemonade.

When I got home today I was feeling unsettled, restless, and slightly irritated --- I dove into some work and got a little bit done today.

Not really as much as I would've liked to get done... and after I did a little work at home I headed out to DoorDash.

Today I decided that I want to be here.

Not in the future.
Not in the past.
Not fantasizing about how my present could be better.

I allowed myself to settle into the here and I realized how anxious being outside of that space has made me.

The closer attention I began to pay to my body today I began to realize how fucking tense I was.

Jaw clenched which was giving me a headache. Mouth dry from not hydrating enough with water. Butt clenched which is a nervous tendency of mine and makes me feel ungrounded and unsafe.

So, I consciously began to relax my body.

I stopped and asked what I needed --- so I drank some water.

Today felt good in the non-exciting and mundane yet kinda productive way.



Post a Comment

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.