Forgotten



No this is not one of those whiny, complaining, whoa is me type of posts. I've come to reflect on how my life has changed. For the better of course.

Back when I was in High School I was the forgotten friend. You know the friend who puts everyone first but is always forgotten. Your friends go out and they forget to invite someone, well that someone was always me. 

This year something changed. I experienced something way different. Yesterday was my Birthday. Usually people forget about my birthday, well except for my family, but they're expected to know about that type of thing. Yesterday I was shocked. People that I have met over the past year, that I care about, that have became near and dear to my heart actually didn't forget me.

Quite the opposite really. I was filled with so much joy yesterday. I don't think people really understood the impact of their birthday wishes.

My room mates, who are also my best friends and who I also consider family had a cake waiting for me when I arrived home from work. I was literally in shock and wanted to cry. I'm so not used to things like that.

I realized that I am no longer forgotten, and that the people I care about actually care about me back this time. That was the best gift I could have ever received.

I'm thankful, grateful, and appreciative for everyone who is apart of my life as a friend. You are special to me. 

Moral of the story: Friendship is the greatest gift of all.

4 comments

  1. Ohh, happy birthday! I think for a lot of us it takes a lot of time to really find where we belong and who our friends are - I know I didn't figure it out until most of the way through college! I'm glad you have found that!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Isa! You're so right, finding our true friends and where we belong is a long process... but so worth the wait. I'm so glad you've found both of those things, it's quite an amazing thing. And thank you, I'm so glad that I've found it too. Also, a big thanks for stopping by and reading my post let alone commenting.

      This has made my day! Happy Thanksgiving Isa! Hope to see you here again soon. I'll definitely be paying you a visit soon.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to find people who didn't forget you... I'm still forgotten by both friends and family... Reaching out to them makes me feel pathetic, desperate. So I stopped. Now I'm just by myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped reaching out also, and those friends who didn't really care quickly disappeared. But I stumbled upon the friends I now consider family completely by accident, and I'm thankful for this each and every day. By the way, I haven't forgotten about you!

      Delete

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.