On the Outside Looking In


One thing that hurts me more than a lot of things in life is seeing my friends hurt. Everyone deserves happiness, but the fact of the matter is you can tell someone that a million and one times but until they believe it themselves there is literally nothing you can do.

You can be there for them to talk to, be a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, but you can't take action for them.

To all of my closest friends "I would die for you, but I won't live for you". You can't live for someone else. It's not possible. And although it kills me to see people I care about hurt; I have to let them learn lessons on their own, make mistakes, fall, and get back up.

Falling, making mistakes, and learning lessons make each person who they are. Including myself. And then I sit here and think my friends probably feel the same way about me too.

That's why I've stopped settling for less. I've learned to just enjoy people. Enjoy being alive. Enjoy the world around me. There are people and life all around me; to enjoy.

The crazy thing is you can be sad or happy and you're perception of everything changes based on your mood. When really everything around you is the same... it's you're perception that changes how you see everything around you.

4 comments

  1. Kayla, this is SO true. I needed to read a post like this in years past, but ultimately I had to really learn these things for myself, like you've had to. It wasn't always easy but I'm in a good place, and I really hope you are too. You can love your friends to pieces but you have to live for yourself, ultimately. <3 <3

    Molli | Books and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Learning things for ones self holds so much more meaning than I realized. I'm glad that both of us have realized this fact sooner than later. I wish I would have read something telling me this years ago also! Thanks so much for stopping by, it's a joy to have you here.

      Hope you come back by soon!
      KG

      Delete
  2. Very wisely said. I should read this blog more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Arianne, I would love to have you here around the blog more often. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

      Hugs and Kisses,
      KG

      Delete

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.