Title: Reaver
Demonica #10, Lords of Deliverance #5
Author: Larissa Ione
Pages: 383
Publisher: Forever
Release Date: December 17, 2013
Rating: 5+
WARRIOR OF HEAVEN
Reaver is an angel with a past, a record, and a less-than-heavenly attitude. Powerful enough to fight alongside the fiercest battle angels-and crazy enough to risk his wings on a one-way mission to hell-he's agreed to go where no angel has ever gone before...to steal the most seductive and dangerous prize of Satan himself.
ANGEL OF HELL
Harvester is one of the Fallen, a once-heroic angel who sacrificed her wings to work as an undercover agent in hell. But now her cover has been blown, and she's been doomed to an eternity of agonizing torture. Even if Reaver can snatch her away from Satan's lair, even if they can fight their way out of the underworld's darkest depths, there is one thing Harvester can never escape-her newfound thirst for an angel's blood...
Can I just say that Larissa Ione has earned the title as my favorite Author fair and square. Over the years I have grown to love her writing and worlds more and more. Each character feeling real to me. From Tayla and Eidolon, Shade and Runa, Wraith and Serena, Lore and Idess, Sin and Con, Ares and Cara, Limos and Arik, Thantos and Regan, Reseph and Jillian, and now Reaver and Harvester. My world feels complete. Pleasure Unbound, the first book in the Demonica series was my introduction into my favorite genre of Paranormal Romance and I've been devouring anything Larissa publishes ever since.
NOW-- onto the review. Reaver is a 5,000 year old angel who has had his wings clipped and did various things to break Heaven's rules. Becoming the four horsemen, well and woman's Watcher proved to be a challenged especially because he had to work beside this sexy fallen angel, bad to the bone, hard ass chick named Harvester. When all hell breaks loose, literally and the aftermath occurs Reaver is left with the knowledge that Harvester has been working undercover for Heaven all along.
On top of that she's been watching over his children since the moment they were born, even though they weren't hers. Now captured by her father, Satan himself, Reaver knows she is going through unspeakable torture. He makes it his mission, against the angel's wishes to go where no other angel has attempted to before. The heart of hell to rescue a woman which is a fallen angel nonetheless without knowing what her reaction will be.
As secrets kept are uncovered and a never ending kindling of sparks spreads between both Reaver and Harvester you begin to wonder what is going to come of it. You begin to see that there is more to each of them than what's on the surface.
A fucking (excuse my french) amazing book. Ione does it again, she never fails to leave me in story lala limbo land once I finish reading one of her books. I think that next to Pleasure Unbound, Reaver may be my next favorite. I can tell that so much heart, patience, thought, and background story was put into this story. I'm telling you if you have not yet read a Larissa Ione book, GET ON THE BANDWAGON of ecstasy. Her books are out of this world fantastic. --Witty, humorous, sarcastic, smoking, sexy, sensual, and including all of the feels... Reaver is a book not to be missed.
Reaver by Larissa Ione
Similar Posts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ooo, I just read the first 7 Demonica books--they're like crack! I'm not going to read your review just yet because I will probably be getting to this one soon, but I'm happy to see the 5 star rating. Reaver is so sexy, I'm not surprised his book is good. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteWendy @ The Midnight Garden
They really are like crack aren't they Wendy!? I literally devoured them after reading Pleasure Unbound. Larissa Ione is a magical author. AND YES! Reaver is sexy, you just wait until you start reading his book. Oooh my. Thanks for stopping by Wendy, hope you come back by soon!
DeleteBest xoxo,
KG