Those days-- those days where you wake up and automatically feel a little down for some unknown reason.
Or maybe for various reasons. Your subconscious mind has marinated on all of your worries all through the night and you wake up in the morning with those same worries fresh on your mind.
Your mind keeps running over those thoughts, over and over, like a wound you keep on bumping on things and keeps opening.
You just want to be alone. Alone to think. Alone with your mind. Alone with music. Utterly alone. People wonder what's wrong, your closest friends try to get you out of the house... when it's nothing that they did to put you in this mood. It just, well, happened. When this happens to me on days like today the trigger is usually thinking about this certain someone that I've been going back and forth with for 9 months. But today is especially hard, because I've decided I'm actually done with it, and I'm trying to get over it.
It's really difficult because that one thing you just don't want to think about is the same thing your mind can't help but return to.
Time heals all wounds they say, so I'll have to wait and see. I sure hope so.
On the bright side of things. I have a job. I'm alive. I have a cat who adores me. Friends who are unwavering. A family who are live and well. A roof over my head. I'm grateful. I'm just having an "off" day, as I'm sure you've all experienced at some point.
-Written on Saturday, January 4th; scheduled to go live Monday, January 6th.
Those "Off" Days.
Similar Posts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Those days will always come, and they'll go. Whatever it is that is bothering you, I hope you get it figured out soon :)
ReplyDeleteYes they will and do, not often though and for that I am thankful haha. I'm already feeling better. After I write down my problems they seem to become a lot lighter! Thanks as always for reading my blog Katie, readers like you mean so much to me.
DeleteIt's okay to be alone, and sometimes, saying it bluntly to your friends is the only way to go about it. If they really care, they'll understand. Everyone deserves one off day. It's normal. However, don't wallow in the feeling of sadness. You can be alone and still do something productive or enjoyable, like reading :)
ReplyDeleteTrue! When I'm alone I wallow but I haven't been doing that lately lol, time to get out of my sad feelings and find something positive to do! Thanks again for your always amazing advice.
Delete