A New Design and Other News.

Taken at Blue Ridge Parkway (2014) © 
Well hello guys. It's been a while since I've written a post on the blog so I wanted to pop in and say a little something.

As far as life goes it's pretty darn awesome right now. I just started school again after a much needed year off. I'm in the Cosmetology program and I am in love with it already. 

Some exciting news.

1) A new design. Yes, I thought it time for another change. I am big on change, which is why this website has been altered so many times. I wanted something more professional looking because I want to get more serious about blogging, but I also wanted it to have a modern feel; which I am confident it does. Lastly I wanted the main focus to be on blog content, hence the simplistic vibe. I am utterly thrilled with the design, and I hope you guys feel the same way. 

2) I got accepted to be a Night Owl Book Reviewer! I'm super stoked. Especially because I feel like it will get me out of my reading funk and get the "gears" running again so to speak. I've recently had a re-inspiration for blogging, as I always do. Blogging obviously keeps luring me in so I've came to the conclusion that I just need to stick with it.

3) In other news, I got accepted for an ARC of The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon. I'm not saying this to brag, flaunt, or anything of that nature because I'm just not that kind of person. I'm saying this because if any of you don't know I am the BIGGEST fan of The Bone Season, which is book 1. I love this book so much that I got the quote "Knowledge is dangerous. Once you know something you can't get rid of it. You have to carry it. Always" tattoed on my right thigh. Yes, I'm a tad obsessed. I say this to say I just wanted to share my excitement with you. The Mime Order will soon be in my hands, and I can't wait to happily devour all of it's contents.

Life is good over here and hopefully over there as well. 

1 comment

  1. Oh, I love the Blue Ridge! We lived in NC (I just moved from there, actually) and I adored the trips we'd make to the Blue Ridge. I want to go back and bike it. It's definitely beautiful out there.

    Congrats on the ARC! That will be really fun for you to participate in. And as far as tat's go, that one sounds pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Bengal Reads. Theme by STS.